Image Map

Friday, May 12, 2017

One Month Update

This sweet boy of ours....y'all, I can't keep my eyes off him long enough to update this blog. Hence why I'm writing his one month post when he's a week or so away from being two months old. 


This pose is a go to for our funny posed little guy, who I've taken to calling Doodle Bug, Bug for short. His hands are always in the funniest and most expressive poses. I couldn't love it more!!!




First trip to the park with the whole family, I dressed him for a blizzard, even though it was almost 60 degrees.


First bath! Jude loves his baths, but only now that he can have a real one instead of the sponge baths. Those were NOT fun.


I mean, look at this face. Little goofy guy, he's such a hoot!

First month milestones:

  • Smiling at mom in the hospital, I know it's gas, but it counts.
  • Lifting up head at two weeks old, so strong!!!
  • First long sleep at 6 hours a few days after we came home from out hospital stay.
  • We've met almost all of our in state relatives, and they all love him just as much as I do!!!


First month memories to remember forever:

  • In the first few weeks home, you peed on mom at least 4 times. I've since wised up!
  • You hate to be swaddled and break free of them nearly every night. Don't mess with a boy and his hands!
  • You love to have a paci, hand, or couple of fingers in your mouth just like your dad when he was little.
  • We took our first (and second and third!) trip to Keeneland to watch your Uncle Sam race his filly Pour Girl and we ended up in the winner's circle photo!!!! I'm so excited to watch you grow up and learn the sport of kings that our state is so proud of! You really kicked it off right, kiddo!


{That's Jude in the K'tan with the white sun hat. He might have slept through all the excitement.}

Things are going so great, and despite how exhausting the days are, the weeks are so short. And life is so sweet. So wonderfully awesome and more than I ever dreamed it would be.  Bug, I love you so much that it makes my momma heart swell so big I can hardly contain it!

No comments:

Post a Comment