Image Map

Friday, July 26, 2013

Five on Friday Link Up!



So, I'm going to give this whole link up thing a shot.  I follow a group of bloggers in the Carolina's that always seem to have the best style advice.  Every Friday they do a link up featuring five things that they are loving that week.  Check out one of my favorite's here.  So I'm going to give it a shot.  I know absolutely nothing about embedding pictures or linking to things like this, so it might be a total flop.  But without further ado, my five favorite things this
week:



1.  Spending time with my best friend Beth.  We haven't lived in the same city since we were in high school, and I've missed her like crazy!!!!  She and her husband J.D. just bought a new house, so we're both going through the fun of moving and renovating together.  I must say, I am very envious of her kitchen!



2.  Going boating with the roomie.  I grew up in the water, whether it be on my dad's boat or at the pool, my summer's revolved around aquatics.  Every weekday of the summer started at 8:00 am with a three hour swim practice and lasted until 9:00 pm when the pool closed.  There were very few days of my childhood that weren't spent at Frankfort Country Club.  Those are some good memories!  But anyway, Robbie bought a new boat a few weeks after moving to the River City, and I couldn't be more excited!  Although, I have no desire to actually swim in the Ohio River, it's great to go out on the water for a few hours each weekend!

3.  Tons of new restaurants to try.  I am almost overwhelmed with where to go when we go out for dinner these days.  There are so many options and new places that I want to try!  So far, I've fallen in love with a few places that I know are going to be on the rotation regularly.  Namely, NamNam Cafe.  It's a teeny little hole in the wall Vietnamese place around the corner from our house and it is DELICIOUS!!!!

4.  New ideas at work.  My coworkers just suggested a simple but brilliant idea to save paper, money, time and storage.  Nothing earth shattering, but genius nonetheless!  I'm so lucky I get to work with such a wonderful staff.  They really are family to me!


5.  My baby brother (pictured with our nephew).  Man, how I've missed seeing this guy on a regular basis.  Last weekend we went to have lunch and hangout.  This weekend I think we're going to go see Despicable Me 2 (my choice, not his).  I love that I can hang out with him as much as I want without having to be in the car for two and a half hours!  Makes me super happy!

Happy Friday everyone!  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment