Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An Impromptu Adventure

It started with a weird noise coming from the back end of my car...and it ended in New Jersey.  In other words, we bought a new car for me for work.  Old Mama Lexi had seen better days and Dad said it was finally time to put her out to pasture.  Or at least to put her in someone else's pasture so they could deal with all the repairs that cost almost as much as she was worth.  After an entire day spent on the internet and phone trying to find exactly what I wanted and at the right price...I found one.  In New Jersey.  Oh no, the one I wanted in Charleston, SC couldn't have been priced just a thousand dollars less and given me a much more exciting road trip.  Ugh.  Jersey.  Yuck.  So off to Whippany, NJ Robbie and I went the next day.


{Miserably long layover and delay in Midway}


After what seemed like forever getting the deal wrapped up and paper work signed, we headed out the door for exciting Harrisburg, PA!  Woo hoo!  We wanted to go into Manhattan for dinner, but since we didn't leave the dealership until after 9 pm and we had a hotel reservation over 3 hours away, we scrapped that idea.  Somewhere around 1 or 2 am, we arrived in Harrisburg.  But not without a few detours and some, uhh, beautiful scenery...


{Note to self: do not choose the shortest route option on the GPS}


{Wild, wonderful West Virginia}




{Feet on the dash for Beth}


So without further ado, meet Carlton, the most white bread vehicle out there.  He really likes the musical stylings of Tom Jones.




This dealership was the Lexus dealership of the stars, FYI.  Apparently a lot of pro athletes from the Giants and the Jets bought their cars there.  Or at least that's what our weirdo salesman told us.  I did not see Eli Manning.  Very disappointed.  And no one cares about meeting anyone from the Jets.  Anyway, I'm very happy to be driving a new(ish) vehicle that we got at a very good price and that doesn't sound like a jet taking off when you change lanes.  If you see me coming down the road, be careful aroung my new ride!  But let's be honest, I'm probably the most likely to wreck it...

No comments:

Post a Comment