Image Map

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I love Sundays! They're phenomenal!

Since I've gotten (ahem) a bit older more mature, Sundays have become more and more my favorite day of the week.  There is something about the menial Sunday tasks that lowers my anxious heart to a slower rate.

 I spent yesterday driving back to Louisville from Lexington, napping, actually paying a decent small amount of attention to my fantasy team, doing laundry, and cleaning up from the past week.  Something about getting my home in order always makes me happy and at ease.  I venture to guess it's because I'm crazy.  I mean, I don't enjoy scrubbing base boards, mopping, etc., but I love wiping down counters and generally just putting things away.  I guess I'm more of an fan of organizing than cleaning.

Anyway, this weekend wore me out, but it was worth it.  Friday night was spent at Iroquois Amphitheater watching Frightened Rabbit and The National.  It was also a nice reminder of just how great it is to live in a big city (bigger venues for more awesome shows).


{Crappy iPhone photo.  Was not aware you couldn't bring SLRs and had to take mine back to the car.}


Saturday came very early and getting to the stadium from out of town was a nightmare.  I forgot how lucky I was to avoid all of that mess when I lived minutes from the stadium.  It doesn't look like I'm going to very many more games this year, so I'll have to perfect my route asap.  The tailgating was awesome, the game wasn't too bad, and the weather was amazing!  I have a lovely tee shirt burn to prove it.  The rest of the night was spent running around Lexington trying to see all of my favorite people.


Alas, morning came too early again but was greeted with a bagel from my favorite bagel place in the world.  I am in serious withdrawal when it comes to some of my favorite foodie haunts.  Don't get me wrong, Louisville has amazing new food that I'm finally able to try without a long drive home, but sometimes I miss my go-to places.  So that brings me back around (in a round-about way) to my original theme for this post...Sundays.

This Sunday was good.  I loved it.  I loved the alone time.  I need more of days like them in my life.  But for now, Monday is looking pretty good too.  Dinner plans with my gal Al Sal should provide a nice break continued disregard for my diet.  

FYI, for those still wondering, I'm still not smoking (although I may have had a puff or two this weekend).  I almost don't remember to want one most of the time.  Except when I'm having multiple drinks.  So I'll be avoiding all of that until Saturday to make up for this weekend's transgressions.  Still considering myself totally kicking this habit's ass, though.  Woo hoo!

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment