Image Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Decor…Finally

I know, I know, this post is dreadfully late.  Like me.  Every day.  I am not a punctual person.  I've come to terms with this and so should you.  Hee hee!  
Anyway, being that this was my first year in the new house, I had plenty of room to put up a tree, and I hosted the day after Christmas get together for my mom's side of the family, so I went all out with decor this year.  Or as all out as I'll ever get.



Dining room table decor.  I finally had an excuse to bust out the nice Sferra napkins I bought on sale this summer.  Yay!  And no, I do not iron my table cloths.  Ever.  I don't iron anything.  Ever.  
Do not judge me.  Martha Stewart, I am not.




Please ignore the fuzzy iPhone photo above, but it just looks so much better with presents underneath!  By the way, I could absolutely curl up beneath the tree and take a nap on the skirt.  I found it at T.J. Maxx for next to nothing and it's crushed fleece.  Super warm and soft!


That's me when I was almost two, I think.  I love that I finally can put all my ornaments that I've been given over the past 32 years up.  I have quite the collection, a large number of which are cow themed.  Don't ask, I'll never tell.


Family room table decor.  I put my green Pomegranate linens to use for this one.  Please also ignore the dying poinsettia in the middle.  I am not a gardener.  Or even a house plant gardener.  


My favorite part of the holidays is all the sweet cards I receive, especially now that most my friends are having babies!  I love seeing how much they've grown over the year!  This twine display is the perfect way to show them off until they get moved to the fridge for the remainder of the year.  Yes, I keep them up all year.  
So there goes it for my festive decor.  Or at least the highlights.  Obviously, a professional I am not.  But at least I put them up.  AND, most importantly, they are all put away in a timely fashion.  Unlike my mother, who one year left the tree up the entire year.  I am not even kidding.
You can't make this stuff up.  This is my family, and we are nothing if not bizarre!  
That's why they are my favorite!

Anyway, posting will be light for the next little bit, but certainly not lighter than the past month!  Next time, I'll tell you all about my post Christmas/NYE trip to Denver!

Much love this new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment