Image Map

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Post Christmas Product Review

So are any of you creatures of habit, like I am?  If so, you will understand my pain.  

I am pretty boring when it comes to hair care, makeup, and skin care.
I very rarely change my routine, but this past year I did just that with a lot of my beauty essentials and was surprisingly pleased.   Cue Murphy's Law, and not months after I became hooked on a product, it became discontinued.

Enter Philosophy's line of skin care.
  A year or so ago, I switched to Purity by Philosophy  face wash and haven't looked back since.  My skin is sooooo much softer and less prone to dry spots and peeling.  

The same time I switched to the cleanser, I started using the Keep the Peace moisturizer.  It was like a Godsend.  Seriously.  I have super sensitive skin, and I immediately fell in love.  Not too greasy, and it didn't irritate my skin, unlike most sensitive skin formulas.  I am not kidding, my skin is insane sensitive.

So, anyway...I went to reorder the lotion for the second time (one jar lasts for months!!!) right before Christmas, and lo and behold, it does not exist.  Arg.  So this is what I ordered instead.


All I can say is, meh.  Not the same.  And it smells like Christmas trees.  Not what my sensitive skin needs.  So if anyone that works at Philosophy reads this, can you please bring back my favorite moisturizer????  Please and thanks!

Next up, Kiehl's Centella Skin Salve.  Good lawd, this stuff is a life saver!

So, ladies, does your man friend have stubble?  Because mine does, and it freaking tears up my skin.  I'm talking huge red scabs on my chin and flaking skin for weeks.  Not fun.  Not fun at all.  

So I discovered this salve many boyfriends ago and it has made a world of difference!  
I highly recommend.


So I just added this much blogged about blush to my repertoire.  It took me some getting used to, but I have come to love it.  All the hype is correct. For the record, this is the Nars Blush in Orgasm.
Next, a tried and true detangler/conditioner.  I'm going to tell you something, and it's probably going to make you pissed.  But here goes; I don't use conditioner.  Or product.  Or anything.  I have awesome, straight, thick, manageable hair.

Or I did.  Until I grew it out and realized that combing through forty pounds of poker straight, wet hair is a pain in the ass.  

I've had a bottle of this around for as long as I can remember, and I've finally been able to use it on a semi-regular basis.   I don't actually leave it in like you're supposed to though.  I just use it as a wash out detangler.  Pretty good stuff.  And it smells yummy!


Something else I noticed as my hair got longer (and my age got larger, ahem); my hair has a bit of a wave in it on the right side.  Totally weird, right?!?  

So instead of blow drying it with my hair flipped upside down, I now have to actually paddle brush that side while drying instead of just aimlessly blowing dry with my fingers.  Boo. 

 I thought the product below might help, but really it just made my hair feel gross.   Save your money, ladies.


Okay, last hair product.  I was in a pinch for some light hair spray when I was in Colorado this past week, so I ran to Target and grabbed this in a hurry.  Let's just say that all those years of not really have to put forth much effort into hair styling have left me clueless.

This stuff was hard to use and left my hair looking clumpy.  I'm pretty sure it was operator error. 
That's what I get for trying to be fancy.




So there you have it.  An idiot's guide to skin, blush, and hair.  I hope some of you find this useful.  But I kind of doubt it.  Because my skin and hair is weird and I'm a special, precious snowflake. 

Anyway...happy Tuesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment