Image Map

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Colorado NYE

For those of you that don't know, New Year's Eve has been my favorite holiday for about a million years.  I love any excuse to get dressed up and drink champagne.

Who wouldn't, right?  Well, the answer to that would be almost every single one of my friends.  Over the years, its gotten harder and harder to find something to do that suits all of our desires and schedules.

Well, this year I was lucky enough to be dating someone that lives 1000 miles away in sunny Colorado.  Yes, it's super sunny there.  It's also freaking cold, but whatever.  Moving on.  

Because the boy (herein referred to as Justin) can't come home for the holidays, I packed my bags (large bags, both hitting the weight limit) and headed for the airport a few days after Christmas.

We had a great time and I got to spend more time in Denver than I ever had in previous visits.  Lots of good food, delicious craft beer (Justin is an expert.  Seriously, that's the industry he works in.), and beautiful mountains.

I'll let the pictures talk, my camera is more talented than I am.



Denver has an awesome Natural Science and History Museum.  I spent a few hours there one day when Justin was at work.  The dinosaur exhibit was the bee's knees!


Lots and lots of craft brews that you can't find in Kentucky were sampled.  Unfortunately (fortunately?) for me, I am a complete lightweight and the altitude didn't help, so only a couple per night.


View from a roadside lookout point over Boulder.  This was the one pretty day that I could get some views without snow or clouds.  Did I mention it's freaking cold there?



This one is my favorite from the whole trip.  Too funny!


TSA was nice enough to unwrap all of Justin's presents for him.  I guess that's what happens when you check the maximum amount of alcoholic beverages you can (Founder's Beer).


I don't know why I can't pack the appropriate clothing for vacations.  Check out the cute head warmer I got at REI while visiting.  I also had to buy a warmer coat.  I am not a good packer.  I'll tell you about what I brought when backpacking through Europe after college one day.  It's amusing.



Drunk Octopus is throwin' 'bows.


Funny disclaimer at what might be my favorite beer bar of all time.


Justin put up a little tree so we could have our own Christmas.  Super cute!!!


If I could choose a demeanor for Riley to adopt, it would be Mystic's.  She's an excellent cuddler and doesn't try to run away when she's off leash.  That must be nice.  

So anyway, it was a great trip!  We had a blast on NYE with Justin's friends, had some awesome champagne, and I might have busted a move for a split second.  

Can't wait to head back out this May when I can inevitably pack the wrong clothing again and be forced to go shopping.  I swear I don't do it on purpose.

Happy Hump Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment