Image Map

Monday, February 3, 2014

Aruba Ariba!

Let me just preface this post with a small disclaimer; I realize how awesome my job is and the fact that a work convention took me to Aruba is beyond amazing.  So that being said, let me share some of the beauty of this Caribbean island that boasts some of the best weather I've ever enjoyed and the friendliest residents I've come across when traveling.


Balashi and Chill are the two beers made locally.  Both pretty good, and reminiscent of Corona.


Lots of iguanas and lizards at our hotel.  This guy pretty much spends all day on these rocks, just chilling.  Not too shabby.


Happy toilet is happy.


More iguana action.


Mango Daiquiri!  


Obviously, I had to get the fish tacos.


Clear water, soft sand, freshly painted toes.  No complaining from this girl.


Water is the essence of wetness.  That's all I could think of when drinking this.


Miami Vice!  Pretty and tasty, all in one.


More of my iguana friend.  I really like him.


Historic lighthouse on the tip of the island.


I'm sorry, does it get any prettier than this???  No wonder Aruba is a hot tourist destination.  


The ever popular bottle tree, Aruba style!


The water.  These pictures don't even do it justice.


The Jolly Pirate Snorkel Tour, well worth the $40.



Have I mentioned I like the iguanas?


And another.


View from my balcony, not too shabby.


Dinner the first night at Aqua Grille.  Did not disappoint.


More beer.


I loved the license plates there!


Straw market, where all the souvenirs I bought came from. 


We've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!


Downtown near the port.  


And more beer...


Sunset at the hotel.


Romantic dinner on the beach for three…the boyfriend couldn't come, so Bert and Melissa let me tag along on their adventures throughout the week.  We had a blast!


Hotel lobby drinks!  Does anyone think I resemble the shorter guy in the middle?  Ha ha, love you Dad!  Thanks for the awesome week!!!


The big mountain on the island.



Natural Cove.  Normally you can go all the way down and jump in, but as you can see, the wind and waves were too dangerous the day we went.  It was still absolutely breathtaking.


Natural Bridge


Our tour guide said that originally these were a way to make wishes, but really it's just a tourist thing now.  Still, it's pretty cool to see an entire beach covered with these.


You can really see how large these waves are next to the poor guy that got drenched!

I think the pictures pretty much show the beauty of the island.  I think that it's one of my new favorite places on Earth.  I am so happy that I got to cross Aruba of my bucket list, and look forward to going back one day.  

For anyone wondering, we stayed at the Marriott Stellaris, and the service was some of the best I've ever had.  Aruba's economy is 75% derived from tourism, and they know how to treat their guests!

If you're looking for a wonderful vacation spot, I highly recommend this beautiful, tropical island!  It would be perfect for a honeymoon or couples trip.

Anyway, that's my Aruba trip.  I must say that I'm glad to be home; I have a tendency to get homesick after about four or five days, and we were gone for seven.  But if you asked me to get on a plane this coming week, I'd go back in a heartbeat.  I hear the weather is going to be awful again.

Have I mentioned that I hate cold weather?  Stay toasty, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. And those pictures are the reason aruba is on my bucket list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my for years!!! Definitely worth the wait!

      Delete