Image Map

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

Did anyone else's mom sing show tunes or old songs all the time like mine did?  I am constantly singing random old, old, old, oldies out loud without realizing it.  Especially when I'm cleaning.  Talk about learned behavior!  Apparently her father did the same thing, so I am not at all ashamed of this interesting little quirk about myself.  I can always blame my mother...

Any who, the title of today's blog post is a line from one of those old songs she sings randomly, and is my inspiration for today's blog fodder.  I'm going to treat you guys to a little info session on some of my personality quirks and guilty pleasures.  Maybe this will be a reoccurring post topic, or maybe I'll just fail to follow up.  Who knows, I'm spontaneous and unpredictable!  Or something.  Anyway...

1.  I haven't eaten red meat or pork since I was twelve, but I absolutely love the way it smells when it's cooking.  You may say, "Hey, Eileen, maybe you really like those meats now and should give them another shot."  To which I will reply, I have tried over and over again to like the taste of beef or pork on many occasion (one as recent as a month ago), and I have not changed my mind.  Gross.


{The boyfriend would be so proud}

2.  My favorite thing to do on a free Sunday (besides watch football) is to clean the house and organize closets.  My version of cleaning involves putting things away and doing laundry.  Unfortunately, I don't like actually scrubbing floors, vacuuming or dusting; you know, actual cleaning.  Meh.


{A girl can dream}

3.  I am a horrible pack rat.  Just ask my roommate.  He secretly throws stuff away sometimes to see if I'll notice.  I never do.  All I can say, is thank god for unfinished basement storage.

4.  My favorite part of my job is working on spreadsheets.  This is also why I had to get a new pair of glasses yesterday...  I am so super cool that it's not even funny.

5.  I am addicted to fancy soaps for my bathrooms.  And fancy linens for my guest rooms and table tops.  This particular soap below is one I buy by the truck load every time it goes on sale.


6.  I sleep on top of my covers with a throw.  Because I am weird.   That is really the only explanation.  No rhyme or reason to it.  Ehh, whatever.

7.  I never wear makeup unless I absolutely have to.  Not because I have awesome skin or am naturally beautiful, but because I am L-A-Z-Y, lazy.  I do not want to get up early to do my makeup.  I prefer sleep.  And I work at a rock quarry.  The worse I look, sometimes the better off it is.

So that's enough for now.  I don't want to risk you really knowing exactly how bizarre I am.  But that's what makes us interesting and unique, right?  Go out and celebrate your differences today, folks!  Happy Tuesday!

***Shout out to the Internets for these pics, they are not mine.  Click the pictures for a link!***

No comments:

Post a Comment