Image Map

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Five on Friday, finally!

It's been awhile since I joined Christina, April, Natasha, and Darci for the Five on Friday link up, but I'm glad to be back!  My friend Courts recommended their blogs to me a long time ago, and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting a glimpse into the lives of the link up hostesses!  Sidebar, congrats to Christina and April on their new additions!  It's kind of odd to read about strangers live's, but that's why the Interwebs is so amazing, right?!?

So here are my favorite things this week! This post is brought to you by my recent retail therapy session.  It's been one of those kind of weeks...

1. Maxi dresses!  So, I'm a bit diminutive in stature (barely five feet, if not under) and finding maxi dresses that don't drag on the ground is kind of a mini-miracle.  I may have bought a couple today at Gap.  Maybe this one below.  Not confirming or denying, but you know.


2.  Speaking of maxi dresses…I may or may not have purchased this maxi skirt too.  And maybe I bought in it navy too.  


Does anyone else think this skirt looks weird with those shoes?  Maybe it's just because I'm used to all my maxi dresses and skirts skimming my toes.  Meh.  Whatever.

3.  J. Crew.  I have a love hate relationship with J. Crew these days.  Love because I know I can almost  always find something there that I like.  Hate because, DAY-UM they have gotten overpriced! I mean, you started out as a khaki pants store for Pete's sake!  Get over yourself and quit charging $188 for a blazer.  But I digress…  I definitely bought these shorts today.


Love that color!!!

4.  Okay, so this one isn't related to my recent shopping excursion.  I've been listening to this song very loudly every time it comes on my satellite radio.  Hope you enjoy!


By the way, this video is not at all what I would have pictured.  But, now that I've seen it, I kinda think it's perfect.

5. And then there is this.  Also totally unrelated.  In another lifetime, I use to manage one of our concrete plants.  I use the term "manage" loosely because I really had no idea what the heck I was doing.  Anyway, the other day, I had to runs few tests on a load of concrete.  My fabulous coworker snapped this photo of me from across the way, complete in clothes that I pulled out of my dad's basement.  The overalls and tee shirt were circa about 1998.  They did not fit, needless to say.  Whomp whom.  But it's better than ruining the outfit I wore to work, which consisted of a dress and flip flops.  Not exactly up to OSHA standards.  Once again, I am off subject.  Shocking.  So here I am, testing concrete.  My favorite thing to do.  Sense the tone.  I hate testing concrete.


So thus completes my Friday Fives!  Hope y'all have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. As a fellow petite lady (just under five feet), I can completely relate to your maxi dress struggle! Good to know that the Gap may have some options for me, I'll have to go on a little shopping excursion there soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I helped a fellow shorty! Hope you find something cute!

      Delete