Image Map

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

How the heck is it already Thursday, y'all?  This week has flown by and I don't really even know what I did!  So, there in lies one of the many reasons I still haven't gotten around to writing this post until now.  

Just wanted to share what Mother's Day weekend looked like from the single lady's point of view.  I'll give you a hint, it's nothing all that exciting or intriguing.  I did have a great time with my mama though.  She is one hip lady.

Let's start with Friday.  We (Beth, JD, Robbie, and I)  went to an art sale/concert fundraiser for the local Youth YMCA program for a bit and then headed to Za's for some pizza and beer.  YUM!  I love that place!  Since my DSLR is on the fritz (slightly broken and in need of a new memory card), I brought along my Nikon 1 and finally got used to the settings on it.  I'm not gonna lie, I have struggled with that camera since the day I got it.  I'm still not willing to admit that it's operator error.  Have I mentioned that I'm stubborn?


So Saturday morning, I woke up and hauled my cookies to Lexington for brunch and bridesmaid dress shopping for Kate's wedding.  It was a lot of fun, and I'm super pumped to be in her wedding with some other fantastic ladies!  The bachelorette party is going to be a blast!!!

After that, I headed back to Louisville to have dinner with Robbie and Chris.  After watching them eat steaks and not touching my chicken because I was still so full from brunch,  we went to the semi-monthly Bier Garden at the German American Club.  I'm not gonna lie, it might be one of my favorite things to do in Louisville.  There's nothing special about it, just German beer and food and sitting around a picnic table.  But we never cease to have a blast each time we go.


On Sunday for Mother's Day, I packed a picnic lunch for my family and I so we could check out the new park system in Louisville out past Middletown.  Apparently, this park installation is currently the largest in the country right now.  Pretty cool, right?!?  


This little booger had a blast at the playground while his sister's went to the spray park right next door.  Is that face not the funniest thing you've ever seen???  Man, that kid slays me!


Will looking super cool in his shades.


My sweet mama and her kids!


More fun on the swings.


Lexi, my step-niece.


Emily, my other step-niece.  I can't believe how big she's gotten!  It seems like yesterday when she was toddling around.  Crazy.

Anyway, the whole weekend was a great success!  I'm really looking forward to exploring the rest of the park, especially since there are some pretty cook trails going in.  For more info on the Beckley Creek Park and the Parklands at Floyd's Fork, check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment