Image Map

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Nashville Weekend

I don't feel like putting words to this post because I'm too excited about tonight to sit still. We're going to a...wait for it...show at the Mercury Ballroom.  We'll be listening to the delightful sounds of Yonder Mountain String Band, a band I haven't seen live since 2007 when I went to Telluride Bluegrass Festival.

As for this past weekend in Nashville, all I'm going to say is that we ate too much food, laughed plenty, listened to some awesome music and had a wonderfully perfect time together. This boy, he's pretty special.  I'm so lucky we found each other.


But, shhhh, don't say anything.  I'm afraid I'll jinx it.


Batman Building! My favorite sight when driving into Nashville!





 

We met the King...



Saw some pretty cool cars parked downtown.



Checked out some more riverboats.  Apparently that's our thing, ha!





Decided these boots were a few sizes too big.




Foyer in Husk, so freaking delcious!!!!





Oh, yeah. We saw some pretty fantastic music at the Ryman.  The picture above is Jason Isbell.


Our hotel's pool is apparently famous...news to us.


Some more riverboat action.


Sturgill Simpson opening for Jason Isbell.  Brought the house to their feet.  Damn good musician.


A little pre-show local country.


Enjoying the intermission at the Ryman.



French toast with baked apples, creme fraiche, maple syrup and PEANUT BUTTER!!!! I was in sugar shock for a few hours afterwards.


The boyfriend had fancy Eggs Benedict.  It smelled delicious.


Some sort of strawberry, Elderflower, Cava concoction imbibed during dinner at Whiskey Kitchen.

So, yeah, it was a whirlwind 24 hours in the Music City.  Worth every cup of coffee I had to drink on Monday to get through the afternoon at work. (Yes, I went to work straight from the drive home).

Next weekend is Chicago!  Then Naples. Then Nashville again. And then a bit of a break from traveling until after the holidays.  Phew!

Happy hump day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment