Image Map

Friday, November 21, 2014

Five on Friday!


It's Friday, which means it's time for the weekly link up with  NatashaDarciChristina, and April



Here's what I'm super excited about from this past week:

1. I HAVE THE MOST AWESOME BOYFRIEND IN THE WORLD!!!!!
Let me explain.  So one of my most favorite bands in the world is The Decemberists.  In case you aren't familiar with them, check out the song below.  The thing about them is they NEVER tour. My bucket list definitely has a spot reserved for seeing them live, should they ever go back out on the road.

Well, lo and behold, they are on tour this spring!!!!!  And coming to numerous locations near me.  Or near enough that I will travel to, that is. Ahem, Detroit. So the catch on Wednesday morning: I missed the presale that morning for the show we had planned on going to. Thanks, required insurance infrared scan meeting. (I'm not even going to bother to explain the boring-ness of this...)

Anyway, the boyfriend was able to find the super secret presale code and ordered them for me from a super secret website after I realized the presale was sold out (and was kinda freaking out).  He is totally my hero! Oh and did I mention that he's not only agreed to go with me but is excited to go to a show of a band he doesn't really follow?  That's a good dude, right there.


{One of my favorite songs}

2. Planning for the 15th Annual Concrete Ball is officially underway! Visit Day Spring's website to find more info, if you are interested.  We had our first meeting, which was more of an info session for new committee members this past Monday. I am so happy to have a fresh set of eyes (or five!) to help plan this year!  The more, the merrier, IMO!

3. Finally getting a chance to hang out with Beth,and of course, my nugget!  I've been traveling so much lately that it's been awhile since I've seen them.  Babies change so much, so quickly, and I don't want to miss a minute of it!


{I mean, this face! Seriously!!!!}


She might need a few years before she can wear her newest present.

So when I found out Beth and JD were pregnant, I was traveling quite a bit.  I decided that everywhere I went, I would get a new shirt for nugget as a souvenir. She now has way too many shirts... Ha ha!

4. The Serial Podcast.  Have you all heard of this?  It's a series put on by This American Life about a journalist investigating a 15 year old murder.  It is so incredibly intriguing, and I still can't figure out how I feel about the whole thing.  Just check it out.  So far, there are nine episodes with a new one every Thursday. 


5. I have vowed to drink more water instead of caffeinated beverages, and so far I'm doing pretty good.  It's a lot easier if I remember to fill up the eleventy billion water bottles I have and keep them in the fridge for easy access.  Hopefully, I'm going to see some positive effects in my skin soon!


What kind of water bottle do you prefer?  I really like the Camelbak, mainly because of the fun flip up nozzle.  It's the little things...

Hope y'all have a great weekend!  I'll most likely be spending it huddled around my space heater with a book!
  


1 comment: