Image Map

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chicago!

So, at the beginning of the month, the boyfriend and I headed up I-65 to the Windy City!  And of course, I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.  

The drive up was absolutely awful; rain, sleet, snow, gridlock, etc.  Luckily, we had planned to stop just outside of Chicago at the Three Floyds Brewery.  Delicious beer, and some, uhh, interesting music.  Let's just say that black metal isn't really our thing.



Friday, once we got in to Chicago, we met a friend of Drew's for drinks near our hotel.  After drinks, we checked in and ran over to Rocket Burger Bar to meet my cousin and his fiancee for dinner.


{My delicious grilled cheese with apples, onions and brie!  Yummmm!!!!}

We didn't make it out to meet our friends that arrived in town later that night because we are old.  However, we did wake up at the crack of dawn on Saturday in time to have breakfast at Yolk (also delicious) and hit the Field Museum.



Musk ox!!!


Texting all his friends about the capybara display.  They are pretty freaking cute!

After the museum, we met up with Kate, Adam, and Hank to tailgate for the US vs. Australian All Blacks Rugby game.  Let it be known here, for all of the Internet to see, that the boyfriend and I don't know the first damn thing about rugby.  But my friend's do, and we were along for the ride.



The day was absoultely hilarious, crazy, and hectic and we had a great time!  Since we were up so early, we didn't make it out with everyone else.  I have never claimed to be cool.

Since the weekend we were up there was also the same as Day Light Savings, we lost and hour on Sunday a.m.  We also were an hour ahead because of time zones.  What I'm trying to say here is, we woke up at 4 FREAKING A.M. IN THE MORNING on Sunday.  Yep, that's early. You know what is awesome about waking up that early when you're out of town?  Beating the rush for Sunday breakfast.  

We went to West Egg to eat and then headed over to Millennium Park before we headed out of town. I finally got the cheesy tourist photos of the bean I've been wanting for years!





We had a great weekend, came home exhausted, and it was worth every bit of it!  There is so much to do in Chicago, and I'm sure we'll go back soon!  

Any recommendations on what else to see while in Chi-town?

Happy Thursday, y'all!

1 comment: