Image Map

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Concert Lineup 2015

It's no secret that seeing live music and traveling are pretty much my two favorite activities in the world. Luckily, the boyfriend is on the same page as me when it comes to going to see shows.
It's so awesome to have a partner in crime that has the same interests as well as overlapping musical tastes.  It makes life so much more fun!  Plus, now I don't have to go to shows alone or miss them all together. Hurrah!

So here's what's on the lineup thus far this year.  It's a fairly lengthy list, and as of now, I'm using up all but about 4 of my vacation days.  Totally worth it!

January

Jason Isbell with Shovels and Rope at the Louisville Palace  

DONE AND DONE!!! It was awesome!!!

Sturgill Simpson at the Southgate House in Covington

This should be a really fun one since we have a big group going with us! We are planning on staying up there to watch the Super Bowl and whatnot with the boyfriend's crew of friends in Covington. It should be a really fun weekend, as long as the Patriots lose. Ugh, I hate that team.

February

 Sturgill Simpson at the Intersection in Grand Rapids, MI
Greensky Bluegrass at the Intersection

We're heading up to Grand Rapids to visit Drew's brother and sister in law for the weekend and to catch a couple of shows.  You may have noticed that we are seeing Sturgill quite a few times.  That is because my boyfriend is a huge fan.  We joke that Sturgill is his boyfriend.  It may only be funny to us...

April

Rhythm and Blooms Festival in Knoxville, TN
Neutral Milk Hotel at the Brown Theater in Louisville
Ryan Adams and Jenny Lewis at Iroquois Amphitheater in Louisville

Rhythm and Blooms replaced a Decemberists show we were going to see in March up in Detroit.  We realized that they are playing this festival in April with a bunch of other bands and it was so much closer.  And not Detroit.

Neutral Milk Hotel is doing one last reunion tour, and somehow we were lucky enough to get a show in Louisville AND tickets.  I was super nervous I wouldn't be quick enough in ordering them, but I got two for my friend Brooke and me!  The boyfriend is not a fan, so he wasn't invited. :)

The last show we have planned is Ryan Adams with Jenny Lewis.  I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to see him live again.  I saw him in West Virginia years ago when he was still drinking, and it was a pretty disappointing show.  He is by far my favorite musician and I know this time will be great!  Plus, Jenny Lewis is awesome.  It's going to be the best!!!!

June

Romp Festival in Owensboro, KY

This year's lineup for Romp is absolutely fantastic!  I haven't seen some of these bands since I went to Telluride in 2007, and I cannot wait to see them again!  Some of the artists include John Prine, Leftover Salmon, Del McCoury & David Grisman, and Sam Bush Band.  It's a four day, camping, family friendly festival held at Yellow Creek Park.  I've never been before (despite planning to go a few years ago and not making it), but the boyfriend and most of his family go every year and love it!

July

Forecastle Festival at Waterfront Park in Louisville, KY

The lineup comes out next Tuesday, y'all!!!  I cannot wait!  Last year the headliners were Outkast, Jack White, and Beck.  I'm sure this year's lineup will be just as awesome.  This festival is one of my faves simply because I can stay in the comfort of my own home! It makes it really affordable and laid back.  Plus, it's a huge deal for KY to have such an awesome fest with huge acts.  Hooray for the Bluegrass State!

September

Bristol Rhythm and Roots Revival in Bristol, TN

I'm not gonna lie, I've been wanting to go to this festival for awhile since my best friend Beth and her husband JD have been going almost every year, but it's never worked out schedule wise.  This year, I threw caution to the wind and ordered two weekend passes when they were at a discount in December for me and Drew. It also doesn't hurt that he goes to this one every year and pretty much lives and dies for it! I think when he texted me from there this past September, his exact words were "I want BRR to be every weekend from now on."  It made for an easy Christmas present, too! 

So that's what our year in music looks like so far.  I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a lot of local shows thrown in there! Plus, there's the Waterfront Wednesday Summer Concert Series that has yet to be announced! And I'm still debating on whether or not I want to drive to Nashville in the middle of a work week to see Father John Misty or not.  Last time I did that, the next day was kind of hell. I'm getting too old for those kind of  late night shenanigans!!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week, I'm heading out of town for a few days for a work convention, so this will probably be my last post of the week.

Happy Wednesday, y'all!


2 comments:

  1. I love live music and travel too! (completely different kinds of music, but that's ok) My live music show attendance has definitely decreased since moving to Sydney. One, I'm older. Two, not as many bands come here. Three, the ticket prices are usually ridiculously high. But, every year I got to Soundwave Festival because I get to see a bunch of bands for $185. It's the last weekend in February, so my countdown is on!

    Have fun at your shows!!

    ReplyDelete