Image Map

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Travel Bug

It's been unseasonably warm here in the Bluegrass State for the past few days, and it's got me jonesing for more permanent nice days. Luckily, in about a month, we're headed to Kaui for a work trip!!! 

Seriously, I have the best job ever.  What other job sends you to Hawaii for a week to revel with your colleagues?  I've been to Maui before (same convention), and it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.  I also got compared to creme brulee, as well.  But that's a story for a different day.  I'm sure Kaui will be no less beautiful, but hopefully with less weirdos.

This time, I've done a bit more research about must see sights on the island.  By research, I mean pinning anything labeled Kaui on Pinterest, by the way. When we were in Maui, we took a day trip down the Road to Hana and a helicopter tour, but there was so much more I could have seen! Guess I'll have to go back one day!

Here's a few of the attractions and spots I am going to demand that we see while there. Anyone have a waterproof case for a camera I can borrow? Ha!


Glass Beach


The Na Pali Coast


Queen's Bath


Waimea Canyon


The sea caves along the Na Pali Coast

We've scheduled a kayak tour and a whale watching sunset cruise already, so I know I'll get to see at least three of these amazing locations.  I think we might rent a Jeep another day and do some uncharted sightseeing of our own, too.  The boyfriend is super excited about seeing the different kinds of birds in Hawaii and is already talking about buying a bird guide to the islands.

I'm just praying that the birds are pretty and little, since I am terrified of birds. Sometimes I wonder why he puts up with me, ha ha!

Anyway, I cannot wait for the next month or so to fly by so I can get to this gorgeous spot in the middle of the ocean!  It should go quickly since we have a couple weekend trips planned before then.  Three, actually.  I wasn't kidding when I told you traveling was my favorite thing ever! Good thing the boyfriend likes it too!

Anyone else have any must see spots in Kaui?


Photos courtesy of Huffington Post.
(Lord knows, I couldn't take photos that amazing)


No comments:

Post a Comment