Image Map

Monday, February 9, 2015

Pure Michigan

This weekend was definitely one for the scrap book, and by scrap book, I mean online web log that I occasionally post in. Because, if we're being honest here, I'm never going to get around to ordering all the Shutterfly albums I haven't even made yet.  Ha.

Anyway, this past Friday morning the (very exhausted) boyfriend and I drove up to Michigan with his youngest brother and girlfriend to visit their other brother and (pregnant!) wife.  It was an awesome time, and it didn't hurt that we saw a couple of awesome shows while we were there.


Friday night, running on very little sleep, but loving every minute of Sturgill Simpson.  Really wish he would have won the Grammy he was nominated for.  Le sigh.


Mack, Drew, Jay, Jeremy (from left to right) before Sturgill came on stage.


A little acoustic ditty on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  Mack and Jay went skiing while the rest of us recovered from our respective beer or sleep deprivation hangovers.  We were the latter, fyi.  I didn't really drink all weekend. Booze has not been kind to me lately, so I decided the best course of action was to be the DD on Friday.


Some quality snuggling was had with Sadie, the niece of Drew's pup.  She is sooo much like Maggie; it was hilarious.  Love those rotten faces!


One more, just for funsies.


Good way to chill your beer? Stick it in the foot of snow from the week before.  Luckily,we had great weather for winter in Michigan, and it didn't get below 35 or so.  I sure wasn't complaining, especially since I was bracing myself for the single digit temps.


More Sadie. I might have threatened to smuggle her home with me. Riley would have not been pleased.  And neither would Jay and Amber, soooo, yeah, she stayed.  


{This guy brought his bubble machine and boombox for a little pre-show street corner party. Turn up for what?}

Saturday night after a pretty fantastic dinner in, we headed back to the Intersection to catch Greensky Bluegrass.  I haven't seen them live for years, and the boyfriend absolutely loves them, so we were both pretty pumped.  Plus we finally caught up on some sleep and were a little more energetic!


They did not disappoint, as usual. It was crowded as heck, but luckily we had reserved a table that was raised off the floor by a few feet.  Not only could I actually see the show (being 4'11" kinda sucks), but we weren't getting trampled by the huge crowd.



We had an absolute blast and fell asleep on the couch watching the dvr'ed Uk vs. Florida game.  Go Cats!!! This season has been crazy; we are so stinking good!  Even when we play bad.


Sunday we drove home, and after what was probably the most annoying traffic jam not 7 miles from my house, we made it back in time for some Four Pegs for dinner.  I had the Chicken and Waffles and Drew had a Philly with Poutine fries. Both were well received.


He made it about 2 minutes past the opening credits of Walking Dead...I, however, was left to cry on my own.  Ugh, they are killing me this season!  Anyway, no spoilers, we can talk about that a different day. 

We had an awesome time in Michigan, and I'd love to make it up there during spring or summer when we can see some of the sites and whatnot.  It's so great spending time with Drew and his family, they are a damn riot when they get together.  Laughs for days, I tell ya!

Here's to Monday and a quite week for the most part!  Have a good one, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment