Image Map

Thursday, February 12, 2015

What I Keep on My Nightstand

A big shout out to Katie from katieelizabethblog for the huge list of topics to blog about when having a bout of writer's block.  I think I've been in one of those since the inception of this blog...

Anyway, I love any and all things random, so the topic about what I keep on my nightstand peaked my interest right off the bat! Here goes nothing, hopefully I won't bore you to death!

Most importantly, a picture of my fur baby Riley is always present on the nightstand. Such a handsome devil! I also keep a huge candle (scents vary from floral to linen scents) around because I like my rooms to smell pretty! I'm pretty picky about what scents I choose, but a good go to is Fresh Cut Rose or Lilac Blossoms from Yankee.



Next up is a teeny lamp from Ikea (also where the nightstand came from). I read in bed a good bit, so it's nice to not have to get out of bed and turn off the overhead light. DUH.  That is probably the least original thought I've ever put in print...


{My nightstand is the white stain finish, but the picture is too hard to see}

Moving on, in my teeny little night stand drawer, I keep all my remotes, chap stick, extra chargers, journal, pen, matches, hair bands and headphones.  There's probably some other junk I stashed in there during a cleaning spree, but who knows?  

Under the drawer on the open shelf is where I keep all the books I'm currently reading or want to read next.  Sometimes the stack gets a little out of control and have to move some back down to the office.  Here's what's on there now:

Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
Amphigorey by Edward Gorey
A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

There's also a Droid tablet floating around in that mix somewhere, but I really only use that when traveling or working remotely.

And if we're being completely honest, there's probably a half full glass of water and some cookie crumbs on there, too. But that's just between me and you. And the entire Internet. Meh, whatevs.

Happy Thursday, ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment