Image Map

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Little Celebrations

Monday marked the six month anniversary of our first date, and while it isn't a huge amount of time to be in a relationship, it is definitely something worth celebrating. 


Nothing wrong in enjoying even the smallest of milestones, especially when it brings you so much joy.  And does he ever make me joyful!  :)

We didn't plan on making a big deal of our (half!) anniversary, but when my dad gave me a gift card to a new restaurant I've been wanting to try, I figured what a perfect time to use it!

So, we headed to Lexington to have a nice little dinner at OBC Kitchen and get our bellies full. Needless to say, we achieved that goal with flying colors. We were both stuffed to the brim and I was asleep on the couch by 9:30 while he watched the episode of Walking Dead that premiered Sunday.  It was only fitting, since he fell asleep around the same time on Sunday when I was watching it. 

Here's what might go down as the worst lit picture in history of what we ate:


{From top left, going clockwise}

Sitting at Coach Cal's designated table, I guess?

Mutt Bread and Wedge Stack Salad: the salad was Drew's favorite part of the dinner.  It looked amazing.  The candied pecans and bacon were kinda stuck to the blue cheese and put in it's own layer of the stack. Topped with onion straws, with some tomatoes that were out of this world, this salad was a huge hit and could have been dinner alone.

Dinner entrees: Wagyu Open Face Burger for him, Crab Cake for me. Both of us decided that we preferred other parts of the meal better, but neither one of us were complaining.  

Smoked Mac 'n Cheese Side.  Shut. The. Front. Door.  This was my fave. It was scrumptious, comforting, and super filling.


Despite putting half of each item in a to go box and being completely stuffed before dessert, we ordered the hot doughnuts anyway.  They were a bit more like funnel cake, but were still tasty as heck. Covered in sugar and served with three dipping sauces, I'm still cursing myself for falling asleep on the couch and not eating another one as a late night snack. YUMMMM!

So, there marks six months of officially dating. Here's to what's to come!  Cheers, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment