Image Map

Monday, March 28, 2016

How to Plan a Wedding without Losing Your Mind

Hire someone to do all the things. Seriously. And then take some Valium. And maybe chug a bottle of wine. Because good GOD, this is a giant undertaking.

My advice to anyone recently engaged, ELOPE. It's super cheap, you still do the (most) important part of starting a life together as a single unit, and you won't get overwhelmed when your mother calls you to talk about salt shakers or parking arrangements for the eight thousandth time.

That being said, there is no other woman I would have help me plan our wedding than my mama. She's awesome at it, albeit a bit too detail oriented.

But for those inquiring minds, here's how my wedding planning is going so far.

  • All vendors have been hired and deposits made. (FYI, this was the most stressful part so far. Do yourself a favor and pick a venue that doesn't require any type of tent, linen, flatware or dish rental. That means do not do it in a back yard unless your guest list is under 100. Ours is not.)
  • Officiant is confirmed!
  • Invitations are finished, stuffed, stamped and ready to be sent
  • All attire has been purchased and is in the process of being altered
  • Decor has been decided and the table, tent, ceremony, and landscaping layouts are complete
  • Honeymoon is booked!

{A little sneak peak at some of our decor inspirations}

Annnd here is what is not completed:

  • Programs  and favors completed, although my matron of honor is taking this completely off my hands and I could not be more thankful. She's awesome!
  • Music for the ceremony is not finalized
  • We have yet to figure out any of the readings except one, not to mention we're also writing the invocation
  • Parking dilemma is not solved. Meaning, we have invited 368 guests and only have room for about 160 cars. This may or not be an issue yet. I'm ignoring it until I can't anymore. Cheers to being prepared!
  • Find a wedding band for Drew
  • Order the booze, but this can wait until we have a head count
  • Meet with the caterer to decide on side dishes and apps for the cocktail hour
  • Anything that can't be done until later on, like get the marriage license
So really, everything is going great, it's just a lot to do. And the lists above are the shortened versions of the real thing. The point to this whole rambling post is really just to vent, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Only 75 days to go! (Wait, what???)

I couldn't be happier to be planning a wedding for Drew and I. Starting our married life together is so close, and I cannot wait for the big day to get here! But until then send some karma my way that it doesn't rain on June 11th and that I get a chance to relax a little before then. 

Please and thanks, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment