Image Map

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Things I Wish I Had More Time to Explore

Just like everyone else in America, I am constantly feeling pressed for time in pretty much every arena of my life. Between work, charity gala planning, wedding planning, buying a new house, combining Drew's house and mine, and being a normal human being, there is not a lot of time left in the day for what I consider my hobbies.

Hobbies such as photography, blogging, not dressing like a hobo...these are the things that I enjoy doing that I have not spent much time on lately.

See this sweet new lens I bought a month ago from Amazon ? (mostly with points, yay!)


Yeah, I haven't even gone as far to attach it to my camera body yet. Yeah, that's no fun. I totally could have busted it out to capture some images of the super cute couples shower we threw last weekend, but nope, things got too busy.

My blogging, while I have posted now twice this week, is extremely sporadic, at best. I very much enjoy blogging, documenting our daily or weekly lives, and just writing in general. I may not be great at it. My blog design certainly isn't professional and no one is crazy enough to pay me to write anything. It's just something I enjoy and miss doing.

Ahh, and the whole not dressing as a hobo thing. Well, I'm going to be frank. I am lazy, the weather here in the Ohio Valley region of Kentucky is moody and unpredictable, and I just don't have time to pick out cute outfits these days.

So my whole reason for this post (AKA get to the point lady) is not actually to explain my absence, but to pose a question to you guys. (insert crickets chirping here.) How do you guys manage it all??? 

I'm serious, not being trite or sarcastic (which is usually my norm.) Those of you that have children, write blogs, take amazing photos, look like you've put some thought into your apparel, and have jobs. Do you go to bed at midnight after writing a post and get up at six to get ready? Do you sit down and spend an afternoon writing posts and schedule them to go out daily? 

What's your routine? How does it work with family life? I'm asking because I want to make time for some of these things without having to give up or let the other things (the really important ones) slide. You know the ones I'm talking about; my fiancee and soon to be step-son, work, a social life.

Any help or comments appreciated! Props to you people in advance, because at this point, all I can muster up the time and strength for is a really long nap while two weeks of laundry go unwashed in a corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment