Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wednesday's Child is Full of Updates

I'm not full of woe or anything like the saying goes, I just couldn't think of a better title for a hump day post. Ha!

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind, and don't show any signs of slowing down, but things are good. The Concrete Ball is over and seemed to be a great success. Last year we raised around $122,000 dollars for Day Spring, and this year I'm hoping we hit $130K. The event ran very smoothly, and I loved our theme, a 1920's Speakeasy (think Gatsby or Downton Abbey.)


My hair was a mess, however. It was one of those hair days that make you wanna shave it all off and call it a day. And yes, that is literally just a ponytail. I gave up after fighting with it for over 40 minutes and a near panic attack. So much for looking like a professional event chair!

Anyway, since Sunday when I got home to recover from a week on my feet running non-stop, a lot of fun exciting things have happened! (Instead of resting, that is. I'm still exhausted.)

1. My "nephew" Jack was born! Teeny little guy came into this world on Thursday to his happy parents, my friend Courtney and husband John. I finally got to meet him on Sunday, and oh my, how sweet!!!! I'm already in love! Can't wait to see him again soon.

2. Drew and Silas are officially living under the same roof as me. It is really nice to not have to wonder which house we are staying at every week.  It's only been a couple of days, and not all of the stuff is there, (we are leaving a good bit of decor and furniture to stage the old house when it goes for sale soon) but it's where we are sleeping for good.

3. Family in town from Seattle is making the middle of week a heck of a lot more fun (and noisy!) Drew's Uncle Matt and his five year old, Jack, are staying with us for a couple days to visit. Jack and Silas have a blast together! It's nice for Silas to have someone to play with in Frankfort, even if it's only for a couple days. 

4. This weekend promises more moving of boxes and hauling of junk to the curb. And that's coming from my stuff too. We have a ridiculous amount of stuff between the two of us. Does anyone else absolutely love the feeling of dropping off clothes to consign or donate like I do? It's kind of a rush.

5. I got our first wedding RSVP!!!! It's all happening!

So until next time, hope everyone a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment