Image Map

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Name Game

So on Monday morning, first official business as a wife, was to start the name changing process. I'm on my way to officially being Mrs. Drew L.! Woot!!

Let me go ahead and put this out there, I swore up and down and seven ways to Sunday that when I got married, I was going to keep my maiden name. I had my name all my life, started and established my career under that name, and owned a company with my family with that name. There was no way in hell I was giving it up.

And then I met Drew. As I imagined our life together, our family growing, and us continuing to grow together as a couple, I just simply could not fathom not sharing a last name. 

Drew never once asked if I was going to change it. He would have been fine either way. He's just that sort of Renaissance man. :)  That was one more reason that made my mind up. I knew I forever wanted to be tied to him in every sort of way possible.

With that being said, I still didn't want to lose the name I had come to use in business. So I took all four of them, My official name will have my original middle name and maiden name as a two name middle name. My last name is now OUR last name. And I couldn't be happier.

Bring on the new monograms! Woo hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment