Image Map

Monday, September 26, 2016

Bump Date

This week marks the 15th week of pregnancy, and of course, the "golden" second trimester. Hopefully all the hype is true and I'll start to feel wonderful and energized any day now. Currently, I'm just feeling fat and hungry. But that's a nice change from nauseous and exhausted, so if that burst of energy doesn't fully make it my way, I'll take what I've got for now.

I've been taking bump pics since we found out we were expecting, although for awhile it seemed silly. And true to myself form, I forgot a few weeks too. I'm definitely showing now, although some days more than others. today it looks like I'm already 6 months along, so that's fun (SENSE THE TONE.)

I've actually been having a fairly hard time to all the wild changes my body is going through, and getting a bump a bit too early is just one more thing that's making me nervous. But I keep trying to remind myself that a lot of that initial weight gain was due to quitting smoking immediately by replacing cigarettes with mini Reese's cups. 

{Disclaimer: If any person reading this is ever thinking about taking up smoking, just take my advice and save yourself the stress and just flush $20-30 down the toilet a week instead. Stupidest thing I ever did as a teen and I would give my left arm to have never started. Okay, end rant. But seriously. Don't.}

Anywho....I've started back on the treadmill and doing some Pilates work at home. At the very least, it makes me feel better that I want to eat all the food in our house all the time. Seriously, 200 extra calories a day doesn't seem like enough to satiate my hungry belly. 

And just as a sidenote, that stupid What to Expect book can kiss my ever growing butt with all the new mom guilt about calories and working out. No wonder our country has body image issues. Ugh. (End other rant. Can you tell the hormones have made an appearance? Ha!)

Since self preservation and privacy seem to go way out the window with pregnancy, here's my not so weekly bumps!

 

 Week 4                                    Week 5                                                 Week 6

  

                  Week 8                                    Week 9                                  Week 9 + 4 days

  

                  Week 11 + 2 days                   Week 14 + 3 days                  Week 15

Man, I miss fitting in to my old clothes too...That little black tee shirt dress from week 4 hits a bit higher on my legs and doesn't seem to cover my backside nearly as well. What's up with that?!? Ha ha ha! 

Until next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment