Image Map

Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving and Other Turkey Related Items

Well, one of my most favorite holidays has come and gone for another year. This time next year we'll have an 8 month old (or so) to add to the mix and eat crumbs off the floor be thankful for.

This is the first Thanksgiving we celebrated in our new house as husband and wife, but the second holiday we've hosted total. Last year we broke the house in properly by having Drew's side over on the day after Christmas. Thanksgiving this year was both sides and went great, if you don't mind your mashed potatoes nuked in the microwave after they've gone cold waiting on all the food in the oven.

What we failed to do, unfortunately, is take any pictures of us, the food, or our family. I'm going to chalk that up to having too much fun to stop and take pictures. Or laziness. Whatever.

Drew did manage to take a couple shots of the table-scapes I set up (and the pies, which I failed to decorate for.)


Mmmm, pie.


We really need to hang our pictures and mirror in this room. You can't see it, but on the other side of the room in the corner are two huge prints and the mirror that have been sitting there since before our wedding. Oh well. Maybe when the baby goes to college...


Kid;s tables!

Overall, Thanksgiving was a great success, but I don't know if I can handle being another month pregnant and hosting Christmas. Maybe we'll order pizza. HA!

We spent the rest of the holiday weekend recovering and watching way too much football. Go Cats!!!!! We knocked a few gifts off our Christmas lists, and I wrapped a ton of presents.

The tree goes up next weekend, mainly because I'm a Scrooge and refuse to put any Christmas decor up before December 1st. I'm really trying not to hate Christmas since Silas loves it so much, bunch dang, I am not a fan of this holiday. So much stress for a few days of absolute chaos. 

With that being said...

No comments:

Post a Comment