Image Map

Monday, July 24, 2017

Four Month Update

I'm really trying to be a little more timely with the monthly updates on my sweet baby, but y'all, kids are no joke. If I thought I was busy before a baby, then I don't know what I'd call it now.

Anyway, here's a look at month four, by far one of my most favorite to date. It's been pretty awesome!

We packed so much into month four that it's going to be hard to not bombard the internet with massive amounts of photos, so I'm not even going to apologize as I post with reckless abandon.

First family photos done by our favorite photographer, Susan Stewart Jordan of Love Hunters Photography  (she also was our engagement, wedding, and maternity photographer!) This session was by far my favorite, so much so that I didn't even care that I'm still boasting an extra 15 pounds of pregnancy weight. Our boys just look too perfectly adorable!










This month also came with a lot of other firsts, first Romp Bluegrass Festival, first Fourth of July, first KY Crushed Stone and KY Concrete Association Summer Conventions, starting day care, first time rolling over (front and back!) and about a million other firsts and changes!













It's going by so quickly and before I know it, it will be his first birthday. So I'm trying to savor every moment, every smile, every giggle, and every snuggle while I can. It's bittersweet looking back at those first few weeks with him as a newborn and knowing that he'll never be that little again,. Those sweet, exhausted, hazy moments that blend into one memory and make my mama heart ache for time to stop moving. Yet at the same time, I can't wait to see what he does next. Every stage is so much fun, his personality growing so much more into the little human Drew and I created.

Someone once told me that the days are long, but the weeks are short. I don't think a truer sentiment has ever been made. Stay sweet, doodle bug, your mama loves you more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment