Image Map

Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm still alive.

Well, apparently I am no better at posting on this blog than I am on the old one.  Are you surprised?  Yeah, me neither.  So here's a brief update: the Concrete Ball came and went, the trip to Cali is over, and I've closed on the new house in St. Matthews.  But alas, I have not moved in.  Hopefully that will be happening this Saturday.  Cross your fingers because I'm getting tired of sleeping on an air mattress.  And Riley would really like to get back to his normal schedule of ruining my sofas with his hair.

I've had a bit of repair work done on the house and it is currently being painted, so it's been a bit chaotic over the past week and a half.  I must say though, that all of the contractors I've worked with were wonderful and very reasonably priced.  Props to them, yo.

So without further ado, a brief picture recap of the past month from my phone.  I have no idea where my camera is right now.  It's either in Frankfort at Dad's or stuck in a closet at the new house.  I'll find it one day.


This is the guest room on the main floor.  And yes, it's yellow.  I have an obsession with that color.  My bedroom will also be yellow.  And there are always yellow accents through out all my houses.  It's pretty and happy and warm.


This is the family room.  Apparently I have a thing for houses with painted knotty pine paneling.  I swear, one of these days, I'll have a house with just drywall.  Anyway, this room is currently being painted a light gray color.  I'm using grays, navy, and greens for this room.  I'm also pretending that I don't have beige carpet in here.  Eventually I will put down some sort of laminate flooring, but building a fence for that dog takes precedent.  The entire back wall has these almost floor to ceiling windows and no blinds.  Excellent for squirrel watching, guarding the neighborhood, and barking incessantly.


My Aunt Carol and my mom outside a random hot dog store in San Diego.  We were out window shopping that day, and I realized that I hadn't taken very many pictures of my family.  This seemed to be the perfect opportunity.


This is my cousin Dan and I at the San Diego Zoo.  The zoo was amazing, but this hippo was less than impressive.  He was not interested in being in the photo op for my Aunt Ellen, who loves hippos and couldn't make the trip.  What an ass.  Ha ha, get it?  Ass!  Ha ha ha!  Anyway...


My cousin Andrea, our beautiful younger cousin and bride, Sara, and me at what was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen.  We had a great time and it was great for all three girl cousins to spend a little time together.


I stayed at my friend Drew's when I was in Laguna, and his neighbors have the most beautiful flowers and succulents.  The vegetation alone out in Cali is worth the expensive cost of living.  So pretty!


More of the neighbor's succulents.  You would not believe the size some of these plants get to be.


Tiberius the Beta Fish.  He was my only roommate for the time I was in Laguna.  Very hospitable, but not very talkative.


Public park area in Laguna.  There were about a thousand different views of the ocean and the hills, but this was one of my favorites.


I immediately went out for breakfast, complete with champagne, after arriving at Drew's and dropping of my bags.  Not a bad way to start out a vacation.


This is in my Dad's backyard when we were staying there in between houses.  This is also Riley's first encounter with a horse.  I find it a bit surprising since he lived his entire life in the thoroughbred capital of the world, but he didn't get out much.  I'm pretty sure if I would have let him off the leash, he would have torn after that horse and ended up getting kicked in the head.  So yeah, no chasing horses for him.

Stay tuned for plenty more to come on decorating the new house and if you're really lucky, an inside look at what kind of bruises moving can leave all over your legs.  I swear, my legs have looked like a Picasso painting since mid May.  Fun times.

Until then, pet your dog, have a beer, and enjoy the first bit of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment