Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Monday, and the weekend wasn't long enough

So, it's Monday afternoon.  I'm sitting in my office waiting on a fax so I can go out in to the pouring rain and get some trucks licensed.  Sounds like fun, no?  Yeah, it's not.  I hate going to the County Clerk's office and I really detest getting wet from rain.  But, there are worse problems to have.

I have a job, a car to get me to the County Clerk's, a work out with my trainer tonight that will hopefully boost my endorphin's, and food in my fridge for dinner.  I am doing better than a large percentage of the world.  So, I'll move on.

So as far as an update on the house, there's still not much to show.  I'm slowly getting things put away, but it seems like the more I put away, the more stuff I have to unpack.  It's amazing how much stuff one person can accumulate over the years!!!

I did manage to get the family room put together as much as it can be.  I need a new couch and a few arm chairs for that room, but what I have now will just have to work.  Rome wasn't built in a day, right?  I spent most of Sunday working on that room and my bedroom.  It's nice to walk into my bedroom and have it in order finally!

Saturday I spent most of my time in the car driving home from Nashville with a few of my Lexington friends.  We went down on Friday night to see a live reading of the FX show "Archer."  If you've never watched it, I highly recommend it, but be prepared for some very inappropriate dialogue.  Think South Park meets Arrested Development.  Or something like that.  Either way, it's hilarious, and we had an absolute blast!

Once again, I managed to not take very many pictures because I still have no idea what box my camera wound up in.  I have a few shots from my phone, however.  So without further ado, some grainy iPhone shots of Nash-Vegas!


{Kate, Elvis, and me in Downtown Nashville}


{I loved this note in Pancake Pantry; it was so simple..."Ya we like pancakes!}


{Kelli, Hank, Adam, and Kate before the show at the Ryman}


{Outside the hotel}


{Wonderful find at a gas station off the Bluegrass Parkway}

It was a pretty great weekend, but I was worn out on Sunday night.  This week brings lots of unpacking, new adventures in Louisville this weekend, and so much more!  Hope your Monday is going well!  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment