Image Map

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Stormy nights lead to dance parties

Last night was the second time it has stormed like crazy since I moved to Louisville.  It was also the second night that my roommate was officially living with me again.  We've lived together off and on for roughly seven years, but after I sold the Lexington house we lived apart for a couple of months.  It's always nice to have some alone time, but I was really ready for him to move in and have someone to talk to besides Riley.  Riley's not that great of a conversationalist.  For some reason all he wants to discuss is the problem with the growing suburban squirrel population.  Weird, I know.  But I digress (as usual).  So in lieu of heading down to Waterfront Wednesday like we had planned, we decided to make a cocktail or two, cook some dinner, and have an impromptu dance party!  Robbie and I are famous for our impromptu dance parties.  They usually involve some of the worst and best music from the eighties and nineties.  I have many a playlist created for the soul purpose of roommate dance party night.


We were actually outside on the front porch watching the storm when this limb fell in my neighbor's yard.  I was soooo glad that the limb that fell was one that couldn't hit anything but the street below.  I took this in the morning before I left for work today.


Robbie's black bean, corn, and green onion quesadilla stuffing. They were extremely yummy and very easy!


My newest drink creation adapted from this recipe.  I will definitely be making these Pear and Thyme Champange Cocktails again!

All in all, despite the terrible weather, a broken light fixture globe, and a leaking window, we still had a pretty great night!  We might have stayed up a smidge too late, but when you haven't seen one of your best friends in close to 6 weeks, you need plenty of time to catch up.  Until next time, stay dry and give your fur baby a belly rub!

No comments:

Post a Comment