Image Map

Friday, June 28, 2013

The beginning of the upstairs guest room

I have a problem picking coral hues when it comes to paint.  I tried it on my first house and it didn't end well.    It was pretty funny that Robbie had to live in what turned out to be a very pink room for the duration of his time at the Lidian Court house.  Definitely not the manliest of colors.  When I moved to my house on Chinoe, I didn't paint any of the rooms except the bathroom.  Lucky for Robbie, he had escaped the possibility of living in another badly painted room.  When I bought this house, I had two extra rooms that I didn't have much furniture for or any idea where to start.  Thanks to Jamie and Steven, I was able to borrow the bed frame and mattresses indefinitely so I would at least have somewhere for my guests to sleep.  I had been searching around for duvets online for weeks when I stumbled on the one seen below (or in a better picture here) on clearance.  I figured, why not? The whole ensemble was cheaper than anything else I'd seen, so even if I only used it for a year or two and got sick of it, it would still be worth it.  That brought me back to my coral dilemma.  I really thought I had picked out a light enough shade with just enough pink to make sure it wasn't peach.  Boy, was I wrong!  Look at those walls!!!  There isn't anything about those walls that doesn't scream PEACH.  Blech.



I love how much light this room gets.  Next on the list for Home Depot, blinds!!!  I also love how well the rug I bought from Joss & Main matched the bed linens.  Sometimes you can find some great deals on that site.  Sometimes, not so much.  After the blinds are put up, I will need to find a few throw pillows for the wicker love seat, some art for the walls, a dresser and a few knickknacks.   There's also an adorable window bench that needs some dressing up, but I won't get to that until I do the window treatments.  I can't wait to do the window treatments!  That's my favorite part about decorating!

Until next time, happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment