Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A quick game of catch up...

I really need to start connecting the dots a little better and remember to finish all of my stories on here.  Like the recipe for the cucumber tomato salad...no, I still haven't posted it!  Maybe in this post if I don't get too carried away with other random topics.

Topics like, what's going on with Herman Melville, Eileen?  Well, I am happy/slightly upset to report that Herman has been detained via glue trap. He now resides in the Herbie and will go on to live out his days at the city dump once the trash is collected this morning.  Bon Voyage, little friend!  
Yes, I know I'm I'm kidding myself if I think that poor little mouse is still alive.  When Robbie took him out a few mornings ago, he was barely still kicking.  I feel awful.  I promise that I tried every humane way possible.  That damn mouse was too smart for his own good.  RIP, little buddy.  I know all you wanted was to spend the rest of your days hiding in my kitchen and eating our crumbs.  But, gross.

Unaddressed item number two: Mary's Baby Shower.  SOMEONE (ahem, Jamie) has not sent me the pictures yet, so I have no photos to post with all the cute decor and food!  If I could remember to bring my camera places, that would be nice.  I'm the worst amateur photographer ever.  On Friday when we went to the fair, I actually remembered my camera, only to discover that the battery was dead.  I swear I charged that thing not too long ago.  Oh well.  

Topic three.  I am very embarrassed to admit to the rest of the blog world, that at the age of 32, I am finally quitting smoking.  It's about damn time.  It's pretty awful that I'm this old and haven't given it up yet.  So, a few days ago I announced on Facebook that I was quitting via the pic of me smoking my last cigarette ever.  Yes, I know it's naive to think that it will be the last one I ever have, but if I go into it with the caveat that it won't be, I'll never make it.  So far I'm on day three, and despite some very testy responses and horrible moods, I'm still cigarette free!  And no one has died.  Yet.  If traffic on I-64 doesn't stop being so asinine, that may change.  Anyway, here's to healthier lungs and more toned abs!  Because my alternative to smoking is either gum, flossing, or some form of a quick workout, such as crunches or jumping jacks.  God help me.

Moving on to number four.  How's the house coming, Eileen?  We haven't seen any updates in awhile!  Yeah, that goes back to that whole camera thing.  And the fact that I can't make up my mind about how to finish the last touches in most of my rooms.  We are in the process of painting the family room.  Yes, the family room that I just paid lots of money to be painted before I moved in.  Turns out, I hated it and it was the opposite of the look I was trying to achieve.  Currently, there are approximately fourteen swatches of navy painted on my walls.  Yes, fourteen.  Possibly sixteen.  I can't even remember at this point.  I finally decided on a color yesterday and bought a full gallon for Robbie to start with today.  I think we are only going to do two accent walls and see what happens.  This story will be continued later.  

As for the rest of the house, I finally received the shower curtain I had custom made yesterday.  It is absolutely adorable!!!  I can't wait to get some wallpaper for the master bath and check that room off as completed!   



For now, that's all the details I'm going to bore you with today.  Looks like we're out of time and I won't be sharing that recipe after all!  Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment