Image Map

Friday, August 23, 2013

Five on Friday!


Thanks again to the lovely bloggers above for continuing the Five on Friday link up!  You can find them over here, here, here, and here!  

This Friday I'm going to focus my five on two topics...my upcoming mini vacay and my recent foray into taking my health seriously.  So here we go!

1.  Last night I was super edgy and bored, so Riley and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood.  That walk turned into a (short) run.  And that made me realize that I desperately need new tennies!  What do you think about these?  They kind of make me want to eat sorbet.  Not exactly the result I'm looking for, but super cute.


2.  So, I'm super edgy and bored because I am currently on day 5 of not smoking.  DAY 5!!!!!!  That is huge for me since the longest I've gone without some sort of nicotine in the past few year has been about eight hours.  And that's only because I was asleep.  So, yay for me!!!  I can tell that this time is going to be the real deal.  No looking back!

3.  Have I mentioned that I'm going to the beach?  Yeah, I'm pretty excited.  I've been dying to get my toes in some sand lately, so next week I'm heading down to my Dad's place in Sarasota for a long weekend.  I cannot wait for some seafood, outlet shopping, and some sun!


{Beach at Siesta Key.  Not my photo, thanks Google Images!}

4.  New beach gear...and it's monogrammed!!!!  Can you tell I have a problem with crustaceans and the color navy???


5.  Super organized (for me) pantry (cabinets, I have no pantry...ugh)!!!  I finally broke down and bought a ton of different sized storage containers from the Container Store to keep dry goods in.  Now I don't have fifteen different kinds of half opened bags of rice falling on me every time I open our food cabinet.  One of these days, I'll have a house with a pantry.  So frustrating!  Also, FYI, those Swanson Flavor Boost packets shown below are gross.  Don't waste your money.


So many other good things that I want to share, but I'll save those for another day!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'll be spending mine preparing for a family visit on Sunday.  It will be the first time I've been able to host them since I've lived in Louisville!  By then I will have not smoked in seven days, so wish me luck that they don't push me over the edge, ha ha!  I'm kidding, sort of.




4 comments:

  1. Stopped by from the link up! Congrats on quitting smoking! I don't know from experience but I've heard it's extremely hard to do! You can do it!! Do I spy a Marley Lilly monogrammed hat in that pic?! Have a good time at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's going much better than I thought it would! It's actually just an old J. Crew hat that I've had forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do you get all your cute monogrammed stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it wherever, and take it to Sew Unique in Chenoweth Plaza. I've gotten a lot of monogrammed stuff from a place in Lexington called Peggy's. It's kind of similar to Dolfinger's here.

    ReplyDelete