Image Map

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weekends are for fun

This weekend was an absolute blast, with tons of visits from friends, and some super cute toddler love!  I'm going to start with Sunday and go backwards.


We started out the day with breakfast from Hillbilly Tea down in NuLu.  It was delicious, as always.  I had a pot of Earl Grey and Robbie had whatever the fancy coffee was.



To eat, this time I got the Hillbilly Scramble, which comes with cheesy corm mush (grits) and grilled toast.  Soooo yummy!!!  After breakfast, we ran errands for the house and picked up six more samples of navy paint to test in the family room.  Yes, I said six MORE.  We already had eight swatches up on the wall.  I don't even know where to start with that story...I'll continue it another day.

After tooling around the house, painting swatches, putting away massive amount of toilet paper from Costco, and catching up on some laundry, I headed over to my mom's to have dinner.  My stepbrother is in town on leave from the Army, so all the grand kids were over.


Mom, in her usual attempt to teach and play, bought a bunch of musical instruments for the kiddos.  Eli was obsessed with this recorder.  So stinking cute, that one!


Sharing his musical gift with me.  I have no idea why all the pictures I take with my Nikon J1 turn out all blue in natural light.  Does anyone else have one of those cameras?  I have yet to figure it out and always revert back to my D5100.  Maybe I should read the manual.


{Emily shaking in out}


{Very excited to be playing with cousin Luke's big boy truck}  

Okay, now back up a day to Saturday.  Beth and JD came over for breakfast around 9:00 am.  I made two sets of homemade scones, although only one of the recipes turned out how I wanted.  And that recipe was totally wrong as well and in the end, I pretty much made the recipe up on my own. I just based it off of the two that I had printed.  I'll keep everyone posted if I ever find a recipe that turns out better than the mix I buy at fancy cheese shops.  For now, that's what I'm sticking with. 

After breakfast, Robbie and some Lexington friends headed out on the boat leaving me and Herman Melville to clean up the kitchen.  More on him in another post.  That afternoon my friend Rachel, her hubby and sweet little boy, Tripp came by to drop of their gear since they were staying the night with me.  

After Rachel and Tripp's return from the birthday party they were in town for, we spent that evening being entertained by the cutest toddler I know and having a glass of champagne.  Good times.

So, backing up even further to Friday night, Robbie and I discovered that En Vogue was playing for free and the state fair and decided to check it out, just for fun.   While we weren't very impressed with the concert, we had a great time checking out the agriculture show and the midway.  Always great for people watching.


{Baby Chicks}


{Ferris Wheel}


{At the free concert}


{Goat!!!}


{Carny games}

It was a great, relaxing, and productive weekend, and I'm glad I got to do all the fun things we did.  I know part of it is the newness of a new city, but I really enjoy having so many options of different types of things to do.  I was a little sad that I missed Woodland Art Fair back in Lexington, though.  Until next time, when I share all sorts of new and exciting news, enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment