Image Map

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Five!


It's Friday!!!  I am soo excited for this weekend, not for any reason in particular.  I have some fun things planned, and I'm ready to get to doing them!  Only seven hours until the weekend officially starts!  This Friday I chose my five based on my upcoming beach vacation over Labor Day Weekend.  I need to get my toes in some sand soon, and there's no better place than a free cheap long weekend at my dad's place in Sarasota.  So in an attempt to stay wrinkle free in my old age, I thought I could use some cute cover-ups and beach gear!


1.  Beach Cover-ups with crabs.  I mean, could my nautical obsession go any further?  I got this exact cover-up at a boutique in Lexington called Caught Ya Lookin'.  Not the greatest name, but how can I care when they carry stuff with my favorite crustacean on it???  Also, I can't find the website I pulled this picture from, but this photo is not my own.





2.  Eating more vegetables.  I've vowed that I will eat more vegetables and less carbs.  As in, 2/3 of my plate will be full of vegetables and fruit.  It's going pretty well, especially since I've been on a cucumber tomato salad kick.  It's such a light and fresh summer salad, plus it's so easy!!!  I'll post the recipe next week.



3.  In keeping with the nautical beach themed accessories, I also picked up some wine tumblers for the beach.  These will be the perfect disguise for mimosas on the beach in a few weeks!


4.  Cute UK game day garb!  There is no better time in the Bluegrass than the fall!  From tailgating to Keeneland, the weekends are packed with fun events, and proper attire is a must!  I picked up this exact dress from Monkee's in Lexington, but you can find it here!


5.  And just for fun, an easy craft project that I'm going to try on a rainy day.  This is an easy way to add a little personal touch to any mug, plate, ceramic platter.  I found this idea on Pinterest, but here's the link!

Thanks to the Friday Five ladies for continuing the weekly link up!  You can find them here, here, here, and here!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: