Image Map

Friday, August 2, 2013

Another Friday Five Link Up!


I enjoyed writing about the five things I'm loving lately last week so much, I'm doing it again!  Wow, that was a lot of consonance for one sentence...  Anyway, here's this weeks picks!
1.  bareMinerals Neutralizing Prime Time Primer.   I found this this past spring when a crop of zits and scaly, dry skin popped up on my chin while out of town.  I wasn't sold on it at first, but after taking it back to normal lighting and using it under my bb cream, I was 100%.  I have super oily and sensitive skin with random dry patches, which is a weird combo to fix.  This helps even out some of my red patches and acne scars with out messing with the integrity of my bb cream.  I picked mine up at Nordstrom's, but you can also get it online here.



2.  Homemade mouse traps that look like they came from a Wile E. Coyote cartoon.  I'm not necessarily loving that I came home to find a mouse under my garbage can in the kitchen last night, but Alison and I laughed all night over our homemade mouse trap contraptions.  Thankfully, she was awake when I got home last night around 11 p.m. and could come over and talk me out of burning the house down.  Riley, squirrel hunter aficionado, was none to helpful in the process.  He took one look at the mouse, looked and me, and promptly took the above position in the family room.  All bark and no bite, that one.  Unfortunately, when I got up and went downstairs this morning, the trap did not catch the mouse, so I'll be heading to Home Depot at lunch to buy every (humane) trap they offer.  Gross.  Then I'm going to bleach everything I own.


3.  Newly refinished floors.  I love, love, love hardwood floors.  Who doesn't???  These are Beth and JD's newly refinished floors at the house I will be helping them move into this weekend.  And by helping, I mean, lifting small boxes and making sure nobody gets dehydrated.  I'm so excited for the two of them to finally get settled in their awesome new house and neighborhood!


4.  No malignant melanoma!!!  As lax as I am about using sunscreen (shame on me, don't tell my mom), I am very vigilant about having moles checked.  We have a history of skin cancer on my mom's side (seriously, Eileen, sunblock!!!), so I need to be extra careful.  I do kind of miss my cute little tummy mole, though.





5.  Yummy champagne cocktails!  There is no beverage I love more than champagne.  Nope, not even Diet Coke.  Last Wednesday I had some new cocktails at The Dish that I'm going to have to try and recreate at home.  Courtney, sounds like you need to come to the Ville and have a girls night with me (hint, hint)!!!

So, there are my five faves of the week!  Click the linked logo above if you want to join!  TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment