Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

I Just Like Boxes...

So, I should probably explain the post title.  The first night that my friend Alison and I spent living together in the dorms at UK, we went out and when we returned back to campus, there was a really drunk student running and diving into the huge stacks of empty boxes on the side of the building.  We both kind of looked at him funny, and he just responded with "I just like boxes."  It pretty much set the tone for the next year of dorm living.  Lots of ridiculous nights and stupid decisions, but having a blast while doing so.

The past couple months I have found myself repeating that line over and over again because of the moving process.  Between moving out of the Chinoe house, into Dad's basement, out of Dad's basement, and into the new house, I feel like my life has been overtaken with boxes.  There always seems to be one more to unpack, pack, move to the basement, bring up from the basement, etc.

So when my best friend and her husband bought a house, I knew I could continue to develop my love for boxes and send some their way as well as share my expertise in packing.  And by expertise, I mean organization skills that are something along the lines of "put all that semi-related stuff in one box and just label it really well."  Yeah, I'm no guru.  Just well versed in the theory that no matter how well you organize and pack things, you still aren't going to have a clue where anything is for the next six months.  Good luck.


Moving day was this past Saturday, and honestly, it was one of the more easy moves I've ever participated in.  Obviously, I'm not a damn bit of help lifting things.  But I'm more than happy to provide spacial planning for loading a truck.


Okay, I'm not really a huge cat person, and this cat was not my favorite.  He kept trying to get me to pet him.  I just politely showed him that there were no pets allowed in that area.  He didn't care.  Anyway, I digress.



A nice reward after moving was a much needed trip to Lakeside to cool off.  Pictured on the floating dock, JD, Curt, and Randall.  After swimming, dinner and drinks were up next.  We headed to Cumberland Brews for dinner and drinks at the Bonnycastle Club.  After drinks, we went back and watched some movies at my house.  Sunday morning was spent lying around and eating brunch.  I took two golf naps yesterday.  I love a good golf nap.


Because I knew that I had to be up early on Saturday, I spent Friday night in getting some projects completed that had taken the back seat to having fun and exploring Louisville.  The biggest one was getting the basement organized and cleared out.  Before I went to work, this space pictured above had boxes and random odds and ends spread all the way out to where those columns are.  Looks much better, if I don't say so myself!


I'll eventually get more shelving to put all the boxes on, but this is pretty good progress.


Unfortunately, now that I can see that I have plenty of storage space, I'm already remodeling the basement in my head.  Darn you Pinterest, and your cute house ideas!  That's a project that I can guarantee won't happen for years...first a fence.  Anyway, that's how I spent most of my weekend.  

I had a great time with friends and was super productive!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment