Image Map

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Weekend in Photos

This weekend I got to spend with a lot of my favorite people in two of my favorite cities.  It's been interesting trying to balance my time between two cities, but I think I'm finally getting it down.

Friday night the roommate and I had dinner with his aunt at New Albanian Brewery.  The beer was good as always and the pizza was amazing!  I'd heard stories on how great their deep dish is, and it did not disappoint!  It's too bad that it's all the way across the river and takes a solid thirty minutes to get there.  It won't be on the regular rotation, but it's great for a change of pace.

Saturday marked the third (is that right?) NuLu Fest down on Market.  I met up with Beth and JD at Louisville Beer Store to grab a Zombie Dust and start out the afternoon.  The weather was gorgeous, if not a little hot.  We did some browsing, drinking, and catching up.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  







{I had to snap a pic of the infamous Goatman for my mom.  She swears I made that story up.}




{Met up with these fools for a bit.  Always a good time with them!}





There were some awesome things to see, the above chalkboard wall included.  I love that some people took it seriously while others did not.  I really enjoy the whole melting pot atmosphere of stuff like this.  There were a few things on the wall that are on my bucket list.  And definitely a few that aren't.





{Lunch stop}




It was a great afternoon, and I didn't want to head home, but I had lots planned for the evening!  I made some roasted vegetables and headed to Lex-Vegas for Heather's 40th birthday party!  Good times were had celebrating the birthday girl!

While I was in Lexington, I made a stop at Courtney and John's new house to catch a peek at their new place!  All I can say is that I have back yard envy!  Love it and I am so happy for them!

After what was probably the worst night of sleep I've had in years (I wound up on the couch), I set out to do what I've been wanting to do since it officially became fall...make a huge pot of chili!

This pot was kind of a chicken chili and taco soup fusion.  I found it on Pinterest and doctored it up a bit to suite my tastebuds.  It was very fitting for the rainy day that I spent watching football, cleaning the house, and doing absolutely nothing of importance.  It was perfect.  Actually, since moving to Louisville, there have been a lot of those perfect weekends.

Change sometimes is just what you need to spur the change you need in yourself.  I'm glad I've been fortunate enough in my life to do so.  And I'm glad I'm still close enough to my roots to go back when I need to.  

To (mis)quote one of my all time favorite movies, Empire Records, I've been feeling a bit like "the old guy from the Karate Kid" these days.  And I like it.  

Until next time, happy Monday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment