Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Fives


It's Friday, and man, did I need this day to get here!  Lucky for you that means I'm linking up with April, Christina, Natasha and Darci for another Five on Friday link up!  

So here's what's made my week wonderful:





1.  Living in a new city with fun community events.  The last Wednesday of every month in the summer, Waterfront Park puts on a free concert for the entire city.  Most of the time, I have no idea who any of the bands are, but it's more about the people watching anyway.  It's also a great excuse for me to play photographer and take shots of something besides my dog.

2.  Strong women in my family to help guide me through some of the more difficult days.  I'm so lucky to be surrounded by women that showed me very early on how to take care of myself, to do the right thing, and to take things as they come.

3.  Perfectly timed drum transitions with a huge build up, punctuated by the high hat.  Gets me every time.  Some of you will know exactly what I'm talking about, some of you not so much.  I can't really define that moment in a song and how it makes me feel, it's just one of those things you have to be in the midst of to understand.






4.  When I slow down long enough to stop and take the picture I want.  Sometimes I see things that I want to photograph and talk myself out of stopping what I'm doing and busting out my good camera.  Most of the time, when I actually do, the end result is exactly what I envisioned.  Above are a few examples.

5.  Speaking of photography...this lens is what I've been coveting these days.  If only I could justify spending that much money.  Riley needs a fence first, though.

I hope everyone has as good of a weekend as the one I have planned!  happy Friday!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, i enjoyed your photos. I loved the lighting, tone. The one of the cocoon like webbing was beautiful. Must have been a nest of catepillars? Anyway, I love great photography.

    Mary-andering Creatively

    Mary-andering Among the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it was some sort of caterpillar, but I'm not sure.

      Delete