Image Map

Monday, September 23, 2013

I already miss Sunday, or things I ate this weekend.

This weekend wasn't anything particularly picture worthy (since my friends hate being my subject matter), so I give you...What I Ate This Weekend!  Feel free to go back to your day now...  Anyway, for those of you that are still reading (seriously, you have got to have something better to do), here it goes.


Cheese ravioli with olive oil, rosemary, broccoli and Parmesan.  Recipe is exactly as it sounds.  For something that I totally made up from what I had in my house after discovering that my marina sauce had molded, it was pretty freaking delicious.  Sidebar, this is an example of why I never get around to posting my recipes...there aren't any.  I kind of make it up as I go along, eyeballing all the measurements.  This is also why all my pictures are not pretty and well planned.  I am nothing if not ill prepared for this so called blogging thing that I do on occasion.


My Great Bagel replacement.  This is the Heartbreaker from Baby D's deli on spinach.  Good, but as the group of twenty somethings sitting next to me on Saturday morning proclaimed, "It's no Great Bagel."  By the way, my bagel obsession has a hit an all time low (high?).  I got a bagel for breakfast on Sunday when I was in Lexington, AND a second one to take home for lunch.  I have a serious problem with carbs.  Moving on.



One of these days, I'm going to do an entire series on Pinterest fails.  This would rank right up there with the best of them.  So, I decided to test out the "lower the temp and fill the cupcake liners fuller" pin (as well as another one that I'll get into another day).  Fail.  Big fail.  As in mutant looking cupcake fail.  These babies are not going to win any beauty pageants, that's for sure.  Whatever, I don't really care because they were delicious.  So I ate four.  Yep. This is why I am not buying any new clothes any time soon.  I will get back to my normal, relatively healthy eating habits one of these days.  Probably once I master this whole not smoking thing.  Until then, I'm giving myself a break and forcing myself to get some exercise.

Anyway, there was also some awesome food not pictured (Adam and Kate's shrimp boil) that I will maybe post about some other day.  But let's be honest, I'm terrible about remembering to do these things.  So we'll see.

Hope everyone is enjoying this awesome weather!  





No comments:

Post a Comment