Image Map

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What's a-happening, hot stuff?

Things have pretty calm here in the past few days, just like I've wanted them to be.  Mainly this week I've been trying to get back on track with my diet since I spent the weekend and part of Monday eating all the cupcakes I could fit in my face.  Also, I vowed to eat all the food in the refrigerator before I go to the grocery store again.  It's a bit challenging when trying to eat healthy.  I'm one of those people who always wants what they can't have (i.e. the toy my childhood friend had right before I bit him), so limiting my dinners to things in the house that are healthy has been entertaining (for me; no one else in the house seems to be interested in this adventure).


Monday's dinner was salmon that I've had in the freezer for a few weeks months.  I baked it in a bourbon barbecue sauce and served it with Greek flavored quinoa and peppered brussel sprouts.  It was underwhelming.  Frozen salmon isn't all that great.  Won't be buying that again.


Tuesday was another failed attempt to eat the remaining salmon, but this time I made it into croquettes.  Turns out that you can't make mediocre salmon better by adding breadcrumbs, Old Bay seasoning, and eggs.  The veggies were good, though! 


Other than a workout with my trainer friend Ann (she's awesome if you're looking for a trainer in the Louisville area, let me know), I've spent most of my time working on my photography.  And by working, I mean taking terribly inartistic shots, attempting to edit them enough to look decent, and getting frustrated because I don't know Photoshop very well.  

This goes back to my mention earlier of failing to follow through with anything.  I started to read about how to use Photoshop, but then I found a football game.  And promptly fell asleep while watching it.  So easily distracted!  One of these days I'll figure it out.  Until then, I'll go by trial and error.  I kind of like that method, even though it's so opposite of my type A personality!


See, not really artistic.  But kind of funny that there was a leaf, just chilling on my console when I got back into my car the other day.  

This is another reason why I love fall, the silly little pieces of it that float into the mundane parts of my day and make it so much more enjoyable.  It's always nice to have a reminder to stop going through the motions and appreciate what's going on around you, not just to you.

I'm trying to remember that more and more every day.  The nice weather certainly helps.

Until next time (when I might be feeling a little less philosophical), have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment