Image Map

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Five on Friday!

It's Friday, you know the drill by now!  Here's the pic...


And here are the girls that started it!

This week I'm actually going to post about a few style related things!  It's been awhile since I've thought about anything that was an actual product I could recommend or have been wanting.  It's been a very introspective past few months, so it's time for some whimsy!  Plus, this blog does have STYLE in the title, so here goes...

1.  Nail Polish on sale!  Yes, I realize that two of these colors are strikingly similar.  And that three are blue.  The good thing is that I am a female and I don't have to rationalize this purchase.  So there.


2. Spotify.  I finally broke down and paid for a premium subscription.  For the measly $10.59 (including tax) per month I pay, I can listen to whatever album I want as long as it's been released.  There are a few things I haven't been able to find and a few artists/recording labels that don't have licensing agreements or whatever, so it's not like going to an actual music store or iTunes.  Plus it's not music I own.  But I did "replace" a CD yesterday that I kept forgetting had gone missing.  I have no idea how I lost a music file on my computer, but every time I get a new iPhone, some piece of music goes missing.  In the past, I've always been able to find it, in a completely random and mislabeled place, but this particular one has not resurfaced yet.  So this is the perfect solution while I'm ferociously searching in limbo.  Also, it's great for trying out new music I'm not fully committed to buying yet.  Illegally downloading music scares me because my MacBook is my baby and I don't trust the Interwebs.  Oh yeah, I only have a very small amount of storage left on my iPhone, so actually having the music files is becoming a bit cumbersome.  I could remove some not as heavily played music, but I hate not having it all there at once.  I am nothing if not overly prepared for ANYTHING.  (Sidebar: I was not paid to pimp this program.  I just think it's worth the monthly fee.)



3.  This outfit above.  This pin doesn't give a link to the place to order this sweater.  And I pinned it years ago.  That's the one thing about Pinterest that drives me crazy; half of the links don't work.  So if anyone knows where to get a similar one, let me know.  I COVET that sweater.  Also, if anyone knows how to link to my Pinterest boards without the user being logged into my account, any tips are welcome.  Or does that only happen when I click it?  This Internet stuff, so confusing...

4.  Okay this one isn't a product, but here it is anyway.  I took a break from social media a couple days ago for the majority of the day.  I logged on long enough to post my blog (written the night before) and answer a message regarding work, but other than that, I stayed away until the later evening.  It was great!  Turns out, I stress out over mundane details a lot less just in general as a result.  I know that others have had a similar revelations regarding unplugging recently, therefore I am declaring it fact.  Social media breaks are necessary for life.  Science!  Or something...

5.  I can't help it. I can't come up with enough product recommendations to make five (not that I have to, that was just a personal goal).  I'm posting another song.  This one reminds me of so many good times over the years that I can't even associate it with one memory.  I think that's why some songs stick with me over the years and end up on and off rotation.  I was reminded about this song a couple of weeks ago when watching a How I Met Your Mother rerun, and then again a few days later on Twitter and now I can't quit listening to it.  It's almost like the universe knew that it fits right in with my current obsession with slow, pretty songs with huge build ups (transitions? bridges? I don't know musical terminology.  I just know what I like).


So there you have it, my five for the week.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'm doing some photography work for a friend and spending some much needed time with my Louisville girls! I can't wait!

Happy Friday!







No comments:

Post a Comment