Image Map

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Meeting Miss Cate

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting the sweetest baby born on October 3, 2013.  I can say this because I have met all the babies in the world born last Thursday.  I've been super busy.  Ah, I amuse myself.  Anyway, last night Courts and I brought dinner to Mary and David as a bribery for letting me hold their baby all night.

I'm not going to lie, newborns scare the hell out of me.  I'm terrified I'm going to break them.  Luckily it only takes a few minutes for biology to kick in after I stare at them awhile, and then I'm all over that.  I spent most of the evening holding our group's newest addition.

I thought I'd share a few pictures, mostly of the food and some non-descriptive baby shots.  You never know what kind of weirdos are reading your blog, and since it's not my kid, I'm going to play it safe.

Here's what I cooked:


Chicken Enchiladas.  Super easy recipe, but a decent amount of leg work.  Totally worth it.  I'll share the recipe link I based it off of (Thanks, internet blogger lady!).  I used chicken, onions, and red peppers sprinkled with taco seasoning instead of the veggie mix.  I also didn't use any black beans, except for in two with just cheese because I didn't buy enough chicken.  Whoops.  Anyway, I thought it was amazing.  But I have been obsessed with Mexican food this past week.  I blame National Taco Day on Friday.  Moving on...


So yeah, tiny fingers.  You can't get any better than that.  Also, I'm obsessed with this kind of shot.  Can you tell???  So, it was a pretty awesome day.  I want one.  Not now though.  I need a bit more time to sleep in on the weekends before Adventures in Babyhood.

For now I must say goodbye.  It's Thursday, and I need to go find a new Fantasy QB.  Peace out, girl scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment