Image Map

Monday, October 14, 2013

The Travel Bug

I don't know what has prompted my current obsession for travel, but this is not a new obsession.  If I had my druthers, I'd be a travel journalist for National Geographic or something.  Unfortunately, those jobs are hard to come by and require much more talent than I will ever have.  Plus, I think I'd get more homesick than I realize.  

Anyway, for the purpose of enjoying a little vacation in my mind, here's a few places that I will eventually get to one day.  Some are places I've been, some aren't.  Many are on a short list entitled "quit making excuses and go there."  All will be awesome.


Aruba!  This one has been on my list for years, for no particular reason. It just looks so pristine that I want to see it in person!  Lucky for me, I'm crossing this one off my bucket list this next January!  I'm tickled pink!


Boston!  It's been years since I was there, and it was very brief visit.  And it was winter.  I want to go back when it's not negative a million degrees and snowing.  I loved it even the winter, though!


Chicago!  I have no idea why I haven't been up there more.  It's a short flight or a quick drive up.  I have family there.  It's super fun. 'Nuff said.


The Great Wall!  I don't think I need to explain why I want to see this.  Who doesn't want to see this?


Greece!  So, I'm one-eighth Greek and I think it's only appropriate that I visit the motherland.  And while I'm over there, I can go to Italy again since I'm one-eighth Italian as well.  Plus, I'm dying to see this architecture in person.  It's so beautiful!


Oh, Naples!  I've been dying to get to you for years!  I know it's going to be similar to my visit to Cinque Terre post college, but it doesn't matter. I must meet you.  And while I'm there, I'm going back to Cinque Terre.  Good lawd, it's gorgeous!  Unfortunately, when I went in 2004, it was before I had a digital SLR, so my pictures are all still in 35mm format and don't look anything like the ones from above.  All the reason to go back, no?


Patagonia! I really just want to go so I can take pictures like this.  And paddle through glaciers in a kayak.  It looks cool.  I'm assuming that's why it's popular.


Savannah! This is another one that I don't have much of a reason to not go back to.  It's close enough, and totally worth the car ride to recount Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil in my head while strolling through the historic district.


Seattle!  Another, I loved it and wanna go back place!  


The Taj Majal!  Same reason as for Patagonia.  It just looks so beautiful.  And you know, apparently it's one of those bucket list things.

(Disclaimer: all images are not my own, seeing as I haven't been to half of them.  Duh.  They were pulled from Google images.)

No comments:

Post a Comment