Image Map

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Y'all, I cannot begin to tell you how busy I am these days.  And it's mostly with lots of fun stuff!  So I wanted to do my usual weekend update, but I honestly don't even have time to write this post right now, so hopefully it will make it up before Wednesday!  Here goes!


Girl's Night In!  Courtney and her sister Allison came up to Lexington to hang out on Saturday night.  I decided that we needed some fancy cocktails to celebrate!  The first one I made was a caramel apple punch.


Recipe (from Pinterest, but modified)

1 bottle Smirnoff Caramel Vodka
1 bottle Simply Apple Juice
3 Honeycrisp Apples
Granulated White Sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Coarse Brown Natural Sugar

So it's really easy; layer two of the apples (cut in slices) in the drink dispenser.  Next, pour entire bottles of vodka and juice in.  Add ice (tip: put the ice in a baggie so it doesn't water down the punch).  For the glasses, I combined all of the sugars and spices (just eyeball it) in a small dish.  Pour the mixture over a small plate and wet the outside and inside of the rim of each glass.  I used stemless wine glasses.  It really helps to make these a little bit in advance so the sugar has time to crystallize on each rim.  It's great to not have a huge drink of sugar on your first sip and also still have some left on the rim at your last sip!  So the last step is to garnish with the remaining apple slices and enjoy!




{Wine and Champagne, of course!}


I found a simple recipe (read: two ingredients) for a champagne sparkler.  It was just mango sorbet with a Brut poured over it!  Quick and delicious!  I wanted to add some mint sprigs, but I forgot them at the grocery. 


{Three cousins}


{Natalie, me, and Courts}


On Sunday after brunch, I drug my sleepy self to Lexington to go hunting for a ceremony and reception space for Kate.  We went to a couple wineries in the area, both with beautiful spaces.  I can't wait for this next year of planning with her!  Lord knows I love to plan a party!!!





Although the groom is not a fan of heights, Kate's mom and I agreed that this is the perfect way for her fiance to make his grand entrance.  We'll just have to get him a flask of bourbon to calm the nerves.

All in all, it was a great weekend and I am absolutely exhausted.  But in a good way.  I love being busy, and I love the down time in between.  Things are good these days.  Oh yeah, and the new Arcade Fire is officially out today, so if you need me, I'll be ignoring my phone and listening to that on repeat.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment