Image Map

Thursday, June 5, 2014

28 Years of Will

Today is the National Holiday known to folks around here as Will's birthday.  Today, my favorite guy turns 28 years old.  There's so much I can say about you, John William, but words don't do you justice.

The first thing that anyone who meets you will notice is your infectious smile, laughter, and goofy sense of humor.  You love to tell jokes, and can entertain a room for hours.  You certainly know how to work a crowd, Bubbaloo.  

You're so sensitive and caring.  I think you got that from our grandfather.  It's a trait found in a lot of his kids. Your mother certainly had a big part in that too, don't get me wrong.  We really lucked out when it comes to parents.  Don't ever forget that.


The most impressive trait about you, Will, is your capacity for unconditional love.  You have an open heart, and are free and willing to share it with anyone that comes your way.  I honestly can say that I don't think I've ever heard the word hate cross your lips.  It's a concept so foreign to you, that you don't need it in your vocabulary.  You have taught me so much about loving and accepting people for what they are.  You truly have a gift in that respect.


Your unconditional heart and friendly nature makes it so hard to not be overprotective of you.  You are the one person I cannot stand to see upset.  It slays me.  You don't understand why people hurt each other, and that is a wonderful anomaly. We could all stand to trust and love each other a little more.


Will, you are my brother first, and I am always on your side.  The doors you have opened for our family to put some good out into the world have all been in your honor.  You are the reason that we campaign for the things we do.   You challenge us to use our God given talents to do the best we can while we're here. 


I can't ever forget that June 5th is your birthday, we start planning the day after Christmas.  You really love to celebrate!  And as always, I won't forget that I am an old lady.  You definitely won't let me forget that one, much to my dismay.

I remember before you were born, I was so excited for your arrival that I named my goldfish after you.  You certainly did not disappoint in continuing that excitement.  Everyday with you is an adventure and you certainly keep us on our toes.  My favorite conversations with Mom revolve around recounting your antics.  My favorite is the time you hid in the ice cooler at Kroger with a gorilla mask and jumped out and scared people when they opened the door. 

You were named after both you grandfathers, and man, you have lived up to that legacy!  They were two great men, and you continue to embody their spirits. You are a humanitarian, deep thinker, and have an extremely adventurous spirit.  They would be so proud of who you are today.  

Bubbaloo, I don't think I could love you anymore than I do, but I'm sure show me how.  Happy birthday, eat some dessert, and make Dad take you wherever you want in Florida today! 
Love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment