Image Map

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Baby Shower for Beth

This past Saturday, I hosted a baby shower with two of my friends for our friend, and my BFF,  Beth.  She's due just a few days after my birthday, so it was the least I could do for such an awesome birthday gift.  Ha ha ha, I'm hilarious! Beth, are you reading?  Isn't that funny???  I cannot wait to meet the little one this July and loved that we spent a beautiful Saturday afternoon celebrating his or her arrival, as well as the momma to be!

Since Beth and JD aren't finding out the sex, and aren't sharing the name, I went with a multi-color theme for the invite and decor.  Don't get me started on not being able to monogram seersucker in blue or pink yet.  Let's just say that July is going to be a good month for baby stores and embroidery shops.

We had a fairly simple menu, but as per my usual, we made way too much food!  I'm still eating leftovers (yummmmm!).  Check out the pictures below.


{Appetizers of cheese and more cheese.  And pickles and olives. And chocolate covered berries.}


{The main course.}


Crudite, Mini Caprese Skewers, Fruit Skewers, Benedictine and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches, Mini Cupcakes, and a special cake topper!


The lovely staff at Homeade Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen put the elephant from the invite on the cake.  Too cute!


King's Hawaiian Turkey and Ham Baked Sandwiches.  Here's the recipe I've used from Pinterest a few times.  These sandwiches are a huge hit every time I've served them!  Word to the wise, make extra, just not as many as I did...


We had a candy bar in lieu of favors.  I made up the rhyme myself.  Don't laugh, that's as clever as I get.  A professional, I am not.  I still absolutely love the invite in the back the best.  So stinking cute!!!




{Chalkboard Pennant}


{The paper goods.}


{Beverage Station, complete with champers!}


{Balloons on the porch and lining the driveway.}


{Baby swag!}


The beautiful momma and her beautiful momma!


Oh my gosh, this onesie was so adorable!!!


Some great gifts from some veteran mommies, grandparents, friends, and clueless friends (that would be me)!


We made Beth cut the cake, straight up wedding style.  Like Gangham style, but cooler.  Or something.

Not pictured is the bar for the boys in the "man cave."  We set up chairs and plenty of drinks in the basement so the guys could be included but not overwhelmed with baby stuff.  

One of these days, I'll have enough guts to share pictures the "man cave."  It's…well…interesting.  Let's call it kitschy.  Yeah, kitschy.  But the roomie loves it, and since he vacuums for me, it's the least I could do.

It was a great afternoon, followed by the Belmont Stakes (but not a Triple Crown, boo), and the Murder by Death show.  Needless to say, Sunday was spent lying on the couch binge watching Orange is the New Black.

It's been a busy week already, but I can't wait to share this weekend's agenda!

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment