Image Map

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Friday Fives!

It's Friday, and as you read this, I am in the car on my way to Washington D.C.  So this week's five revolve around taking a trip and travel in general.  Plus a little bit of funny!

Thanks to link up hostesses, April, Christina, Darci, and Natasha for hosting for another week!

1.  Packing Light.  I really tried to pack light for this simple 4 day trip we're heading out for this morning.  I sort of succeeded.  I even went to the trouble of going through my pins to find advice on packing light. 


 This post from Travelista  is a good start.  FYI, I chose navy to be my main color because, duh, everything I own is navy.

2.  I finally get to wear my clothes made for boating on an actual sailboat!  I'm going with something like this (found here):


I actually have that purse in navy!  Woo hoo to finding something on Pinterest that isn't already sold out!

3.  I'll be checking this app to find some cool places to eat.  It costs $0.99, but it doesn't include chain restaurants, so I think it'll be worth the money just to not have to sift through all of that!


4.  Books to read in bed.  I love reading in hotel beds for some reason.  I think it's because finding time to read is such a luxury these days, and often times free time only comes when on vacation.  Here's one of the books I'll be reading this weekend!


I'm also reading a couple other books, including A Dance with Dragons, the fifth in the Game of Thrones series.  It's pretty intense, so I like to take breaks and read something a little quicker paced.  I might as well take my time since the 6th book isn't even written yet.   

5.  And here's a little e-card funny.  This one tickles me.  Enjoy!


This pretty much describes the beginning of my week to a T.  I blame Mercury in retrograde.  Anyway, by Wednesday things turned around and the rest of this week was great!  

I hope y'all have a great weekend and get a chance to do something fun!  Cheers!





1 comment:

  1. LOVE that outfit with the yellow. I think I'll have to implement it soon!! :)
    Also... I don't know about you, but I've been super bummed about missing five on Friday for the summer. If you're interested my friend Karli {september FARM} and I {the farmer's wife} are starting up a link-up "oh hey, friday!" with the exact same outline and would love for you to join us tomorrow or any Friday! Hope to see you there.
    xoxo
    Amy
    denimandplaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete