Image Map

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Washington, DC or Bust!

This Friday, my girlfriend Courts and I are heading to the nation's capital for a little boating, boozing, and camaraderie.  I've been adequately preparing by finishing the second season of House of Cards after work this week.  Can you believe the ending????  I won't give any spoilers, but holy cow!!!

We only have a few things set in stone to do while we're there.  Here's what we've got planned so far.

1. Road tripping from Kentucky to DC will take us close enough to make a slight detour to visit the Greenbrier!  Neither of us have been, so I know we'll really enjoy the visit!


Anyone have any must see spots while we're there?  Maybe the best lunch stop in the hotel?

2.  Saturday evening we're heading out on an evening sail on a chartered boat on the Potomac with a picnic dinner and some champagne.  Sounds pretty romantic, right?  Too bad it's just us gals.  I have no doubt we'll have a blast, despite the missing Y chromosomes!  Maybe even more, teeheehee.

3.  Brunch with Courts' college friend and her sweet baby boy.  It's been along time since they've gotten to see each other, and a really long time since I've seen her too!  We're both excited to meet le bebe, as well!

Other than that, I think we're going to hit up a few museums and definitely some restaurants and bars.  I've heard that the International Spy Museum is awesome, has anyone been?

Any recommendations for things to do are welcome!

Happy Hump Day!


2 comments:

  1. Girlll, may I join on your chartered sail?!! ;) Sounds amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! Hope you had a great weekend, too!

      Delete