Image Map

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Great Outdoors

Memorial Day weekend I had a wave of panic because MOSQUITOES.  Y'all the mosquitoes here are atrocious.  They will make your magical backyard BBQ or an evening sipping wine a total flop.  So my quest to Lowe's and about a dozen other herb selling vendors began early Saturday morning.

Here's what I planted in my back yard pots:

Sage
Lemon Thyme
Creeping Thyme
Mosquito Plant (very original naming, dicovering botanist guy)
Basil
Rosemary
Mint
Cilantro
Lavendar

I arranged the various herbs according to sunlight specifications and whatnot.  Here's the finished products, which Riley promptly knocked over that evening.



Black pots courtesy of Garden Ridge, my least favorite place on Earth.  Seriously, that place makes me cringe.  Anyway, moving on.

At some point that day I decided I needed new patio furniture.  We like to eat dinner outside and the tiny bar top style table I had just doesn't cut it for more than two people.  I found a great table on sale at World Market, but alas the benches and chairs weren't on sale.  So I got two benches and chairs from a different set that WERE on sale.  I know that doesn't seem like rocket science, but I get kinda crazy about stuff being matchey-matchey.  Don't get me started on how the two different couches in the family room are making me nuts.  Soooo, I felt like kind of a rock star for saving some serious money on new patio furniture.

I had previously replaced the cushions earlier in the season, so all I needed were cushions for the benches.  Found those bad boys at Garden Ridge.  About $150 less than the ones at World Market, and matched my existing stuff better anyway.

So here's the finished product!  I'm pretty pleased with myself, and can't wait until there's a fence and a deck.  That's a next year project, though.  Along with a concrete driveway.  I cannot explain how much it kills me to have an asphalt driveway when my family owns a concrete company. 


Anyway, so that's the back yard.  Soon I'll get the front yard makeover posted.  It's super cute!  Have a great week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment