Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2014

Bacheloretting!

Two weekends ago, I hosted a small bachelorette party for my girl Kate that is getting married in September.  Friday afternoon, she and our friend Brooke hopped in my car and we headed down to Asheville, NC for a much needed long weekend.


We didn't make any prior plans other than the cabin rental, so when we arrived we were pleased to find a ton of brochures in the cabin for local activities.

The two above seemed particularly funny.  Because we are as mature as 12 year old boys.


I ordered some Tervis monogrammed goblets for the weekend and filled each with nail polish (wedding themed colors, of course!), lip gloss, and Starburst.


After our arrival and very little sleep the night before we we left (long story), we opted to grab dinner near the cabin and get some beer at the grocery on the way home.

Brooke met a chicken. I also met said chicken and promptly ran away as I am terrified of birds.


I decided this tractor tire was way cooler than any chicken.


Deep in thought at dinner.


Brooke gave this look a lot over the weekend...


Beautiful view from the deck of Straightaway Cafe on Route 9 in Blcak Mountain.  The food was pretty great, too.


The next morning started out with mimosas before we headed to Pisgah Brewing in Black Mountain.  They have a great outdoor area and even better beers.  We had a great time there.  After that, we headed into downtown Asheville for lunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe. 

I highly recommend the Havarti and Pimento Cheese Grilled Cheese.  It was amazing.

Later that night after a good bit of research on cab companies, we headed out for a night on the town.  Let me just tell you that we did not do enough research.  Our cab ride from the cabin (through the Blue Ridge Mountains) was probably one of the more terrifying experiences of our lives.


{Why do I look like I'm about 60 feet wide in that shirt???}

Despite the emotional trauma endured on the way, we managed to have on heck of a good time that night.  We took a different cab company home, needless to say.


Hey, so you know what's not awesome? Screwdriver Popsicles. Either that or someone made them a little too strong. Not naming names or anything.


OUr lovely cabin, which is probably nicer than my house.  Also, it's named Panther Cat Perch which was quite a fun joke over the weekend.

I haven't laughed as much and as hard as I did that weekend in ages.  It was an absolute blast and I'm so glad we got to celebrate Kate before her big day.

Love you crazy ladies, let's do it again soon.

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment